What books do you like to reread every so often?

I’ll reread Daniel-Rops’ Jesus and His Times, Jane Austen’s Pride & Prejudice, Tolkien’s Ring Trilogy, and every Halloween I read Washington Irving’s Legend of Sleepy Hollow. Oh, and Daphne DuMaurier’s Rebecca (“Last night I dreamt I went to Manderly again…”)

all Louisa May Alcott’s children’s books, and all of Jane
mainly children’s authors: Noel Streatfield, madeline L’Engle, read Betsy and Tacey again this summer, see my granddaughters are into their mom’s old books. Rumer Godden (her adult books are great too, one of the most under-rated 20th c writers IMO).

I have probably read everything of Agatha Christie that has been in print in the US, many times, but no matter what I pick up it is fresh. Dorothy Sayers. Just reread, after about 10 yrs. the Lymond Chronicles again by Dorothy Dunnet she is a first class historical novelist.

Anything by Stephen King and Sidney Sheldon.

I generally re-read Joseph Heller’s Catch-22 every year or so. I have also read Bill Bryson’ travel books several times (In a Sunburnt Land and A Walk in the Woods are especially good) and Catholicism and Fundamentalism is a book I have returned to several times. I have also re-read My Life with the Saints by James Martin and I intend to read it many more times.

Oooo, I LOVE Dan Millman’s Peaceful warrior trilogy! Have read all three several times!

Namaste.

SFO

Harry Potter 5, Eragon, Eldest and The Lord of the Rings Trilogy.

Grrr, Christopher Paolini…Lording his first-book-published-at-14 over me! Gah! I’ll show him! Gah! Gah! Gah! :banghead:

Ahem. Sorry you had to see that.

I re-read all my Chesterton and Belloc, my Lovecraft and Leiber, occasionally Tolkien and CJ Cherryh. And xxxHolic, Tsubasa, Chobits, Bleach, and Hellboy, too.

A geek?

God, yes.

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy

Bud MacFarlane’s Catholic novels

Hinds Feet on High Places by Hannah Hurnard

Come To Me In the Blessed Sacrament (a great prayer book for adoration)

Scott Hahn’s books

and, of course, every day Sacred Scripture:thumbsup:

Dan Millman’s Peaceful warrior trilogy… I have since passed those books on, but they used to be my favorites!
I read Alice in Wonderland every year since I could read the book myself. Before that my mother read it to me at bedtime from my earliest memories. I also read Lilllies of the Field every year.

[SIGN]KILLYOUR TELEVISION!![/SIGN]

My primetime is a good book!

Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas

Dune

Desert Solitare

any of the Flashman novels

What a timely thread for me! I just picked up **Watership Down **to re-read for the third time!!

LOTR trilogy and, of course, The Hobbitt
all Maeve Binchy books (I read This Year It Will Be Different every December)
Rebecca
Jane Eyre
Little Women
The Hiding Place
Diary of Anne Frank

That’s all I can think of right now…

. . . * And Ladies of the Club* by Helen Hooven Santmeyer

I don’t generally re read anything. There are far too many out there to re read.

Kathy

To Kill a Mockingbird
Pride and Prejudice
Sense and Sensibility
The Harry Potter series

I love that book! I’ve never met anyone else who’s read it.

I reread anything by Terry Pratchett, P.G. Wodehouse, Janet Evanovich, Jennifer Crusie. I’ve also read the Harry Potter series a couple of times, as well as listened to them on CD (if anyone hasn’t heard them, the actor doing the reading is phenomenal–he really brings each character to life).

Jane Austen’s novels

Peace like a River by Leif Enger (I love this book)

Every time one of my kids hits seven, I read them them the Little House on the Prairie books. Little Women is another read aloud I love

Robin McKinley books (I love Fairy Tales)

Victoria Holt novels (don’t tell, please):o

Can’t think of any high brow books I like to reread. I guess I’m a lazy reader. :slight_smile:

A number of mine have already been mentioned, but I haven’t seen the Narnia books yet. I end up reading all of those at least a couple of times a year. :thumbsup:

In Imitation of Christ, by Thomas A Kempis.Every Christian should read it:)

LOTR series
Narnia series
Little House books
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
James Herriott books

I’m sure there are others, just can’t think of titles off the top of my head.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.