What books to recomend someone about Catholicism

My daughter-in-law is interested in the Faith. She comes from an evangelical background.
Right now she and my son (who was raised Catholic but has drifted away) practice no religion.
I believe she has read ‘Rome Sweet Home’ and we have had several conversations. I take them to Mass whenever we are together (which is seldom due to being several states removed) and discuss it afterwards.

Any reading suggestions would be great.

Catholocism for Dummies. I know it sounds silly but it is seriously one of the better explanations of our faith.

Dr. Scott Hahn’s books are must reads. Previously a non-catholic minister who converted to Catholicism and his wife followed. Check out his web site for a list of his books.

scotthahn.com/

Peace to all and God Bless.

Where We Got the Bible: Our Debt to the Catholic Church, by Henry G. Graham

An interesting read of why the bible is in our hands today and how it got there.
As an evangelical she would be interested in this.

When the Church was young.

A quick, easy, informative book is
Why do Catholics Genuflect…and answers to other puzzling questions about the Cathlic Church by Al Kresta.

It’s 1 cent plu 4 bucks shipping on Amazon.

Catholicism for Dummies for sure.

Mary.

I enjoyed reading “Why Catholics are Right”, by Michael Coren.
The name might be off-putting for a protestant though, so suggest it to them with charity and love. He covers some of the modern objections to the Catholic Church.

I also mainly suggest the Catechism of the Catholic Church.

Pope Benedict’s trilogy on the life of Jesus. These books are not about the rituals of Catholicism, but about its heart. These three books reflect a love of Jesus and an explanation of the gospels, which I can only describe as sublime. I have read the series twice and plan to read it once again during my vacation. This work may not convince them to become Catholics, but it will certainly draw them closer to Jesus.

How about Karl Keating’s book, the founder of Catholic Answers: Fundamentalism and Catholicism: The Attack on “Romanism” by “Bible Christians”. The title may be a bit challenging, but in reality Mr. Keating treats Bible Christians fairly and with compassion.

Surprised by Truth by Patrick Madrid.

I know it’s been awhile since I first posted but I wanted to thank everybody for responding. I hope something good comes of it and I have given her something to think about.

Merry Christmas to all!

Thanks
Mark

Joining you in your hopes something good comes as well, and Merry Christmas to you as well!~
Mary.

If Protestantism is True by Devin Rose

And as has already been mentioned, Karl Keating’s Catholicism and Fundamentalism… is really good.

If she is too busy to actually sit and read a book, all of Scott Hahn’s podcasts are wonderful, especially “The Fourth Cup”, “The Virgin Mary Revealed through Scripture”, and “Why We Have a Pope”, etc. from Lighthouse Catholic Media are fabulous. These can also be found on youtube.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.