What books would you recommend I read before the 2011 World Youth Day?

I’m going to the World Youth Day this August, and I’m hoping someone who has been there before or knows quite a bit about it will post some useful Catholic books to read ahead of the event. We’re going to be put in groups, and obviously I want to be ahead of the pack :wink:

I’m more of a philosophically rigorous person, but the books should preferably be more about personal spirituality, and the intimate relationship God/Jesus/Mary has with Mankind. To date, I have only 1 personal spiritual book, and it was given to me by someone else. It was written by a Baptist. I haven’t even read the first chapter, as I struggle very much with reading anything to do with spirituality.

Today I was at a WYD meeting, and a really great man, Steve, was talking about the Neocatechumenal Way. So maybe some books you know of may offer some useful insight into that as well.

Thank you,
Eugen von Böhm-Bawerk

Oh, and I forgot to mention I was given a small book “A way of life for young Catholics” by Fr. Stephen Wang. I glanced at it and it’s concise and to-the-point. Should be a good read :smiley:

Thank you,
Eugen von Böhm-Bawerk

I recommend:
a. YOUCAT, from Ignatius Press;
b. Spiritual Combat, by Scupoli (TAN Classic);
c. The Faith Explained, by Leo Trese;
d. Introduction to Christianity, by Cardinal Ratzinger

Watch the Vortex on www.realcatholictv.com.
Attend a Totus Tuus event this summer in your area - if available.
Go on a retreat with Miles Christi - www.mileschristi.org.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.