What Can You Say To Your Family?

What Can You Say To Your Family When All Of Us Have Been Away From The Faith And I Am Back
( Thank You God ) And They Are Not As Of This Time?
Children Are In There 30’s And Have There Own Lives. Wife Says " I’m Not That Good Of A Catholic But …" Please Help. It Realy Hurts.

[quote=CLW001]What Can You Say To Your Family When All Of Us Have Been Away From The Faith And I Am Back
( Thank You God ) And They Are Not As Of This Time?
Children Are In There 30’s And Have There Own Lives. Wife Says " I’m Not That Good Of A Catholic But …" Please Help. It Realy Hurts.
[/quote]

I highly recommend for you Patrick Madrid’s “Search and Rescue”. Outside of that, start living your faith to the fullest and their curisity will be aroused. When they bring it up be bold but don’t argue.

Blessings

My in-laws left the Church and this is a source of great disappointment to me. I don’t feel that I can directly say anything to them but I try to lead by example in that quiet way that we Catholics do. Can you invite your family to attend Mass with you or are they completely uninterested? Have they converted or are they without faith entirely? In what ways have you already communicated to them your desire for them to return to the Church? Your answers to these things may help us all help you. :slight_smile:

Think of St. Monica, who prayed for years and years and years for her wayward son, Augustine, who became a saint. In addition to your prayers, make sure that YOU model Christ in your life, so that when your family members look at you, they see a person who has the joy of Christ within them. Joy and inner peace are attractive to people.

Sometimes family members are the hardest people to evangelize to—lots of extra baggage, so to speak. Often, people are resistant to a message (whatever the message may be) if it comes from a family member. Remember that—that’s another reason why it’s so important for you to model a joyous Catholic life to them.

I’m in a similar situation in that I am the only one of six children who is Catholic—everyone else fell away (I did too, but returned). I am making some headway (or rather, the Holy Spirit is!!) with one sister who is going through some self-induced rough times: her situation creates more receptivity to what I have to say than there was before. I have sent her books and other material that I thought would be relevant to her situation, and she actually has read them and liked them. So, there’s hope there…anyway, don’t give up! Pray and fast for them.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.