What Catholic / Biblical Place Would You Most Like to Visit?

What Catholic / Biblical Place Would You Most Like to Visit?

Heaven!

I mean, it’s where the Resurrection took place!

Just seeing it would be great.

Well, I could say France as one place, but that is really cheating, because it simply redounds with Catholicism’s great beauty and history. However, I will say Lourdes, the Grotto, specifically, and also, the Sisters of Charity mother house in Nevers where Bernadette lived as a religious after leaving Lourdes. Preferably, Bernadette can be there for a short time to take me on a bit of a tour of both places. That would be ideal. (Stipulation: I would like to visit the grotto when very few people are there- in the middle of the night or February, perhaps, when the air is nice and crisp. Most of the time, the grotto has tons and tons of pilgrims there.

I lived in Israel for a while. Jerusalem was great, but what I liked most was a tour through Galilee to the places where Jesus walked with the apostles and the sea of Galilee as well. It’s a beautiful and green area. Lots of little hills and valleys. (galilee means wave because the valleys and hills make the landscape look like waves) Not like a desert as we usually see it depicted in movies. I’d love to go back there.

Rome. I bet you could spend a month there and still not see everything… :slight_smile:

I would love to visit Rome

I will go to Siena instead because that is Catherine’s little city. (But I do have one more place to go. Not sure where yet.)

The Holy Land. I’m avoiding party loyalties with this one.

What’s at Mt. Athos?

Mt. Athos is one of the holiest places on Earth in Eastern Christendom (that is, among the worlds 400,000,000+ Eastern Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, Oriental Orthodox, and Assyrian Christians).

what occurred there?

The Virgin Mary visited there and consecrated it.

According to the Athonite tradition, the Blessed Virgin Mary was sailing accompanied by St John the Evangelist from Joppa to Cyprus to visit Lazarus. When the ship was blown off course to then-pagan Athos, it was forced to anchor near the port of Klement, close to the present monastery of Iviron. The Virgin walked ashore and, overwhelmed by the wonderful and wild natural beauty of the mountain, she blessed it and asked her Son for it to be her garden. A voice was heard saying “Ἔστω ὁ τόπος οὖτος κλῆρος σὸς καὶ περιβόλαιον σὸν καὶ παράδεισος, ἔτι δὲ καὶ λιμὴν σωτήριος τῶν θελόντων σωθῆναι” (Translation: “Let this place be your inheritance and your garden, a paradise and a haven of salvation for those seeking to be saved”). From that moment the mountain was consecrated as the garden of the Mother of God and was out of bounds to all other women.

I so would like to be able to go to Israel and walk where our Lord walked.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.