What Catholic prayer books would you recommend?

I would like to find a Catholic book containing all the traditional Catholic prayers. Any recommendations? :heaven:

The “Queen of Apostles Prayerbook,” compiled by the Daughters of Saint Paul. It is very lovely, and I use it all the time. It has all of the traditional Catholic prayers and small blurbs about various aspects of the faith. My version is fairly old (it is my mom’s), but they still make it!

May God bless you!

-Ryan

I have the “New Saint Joseph People’s Prayer Book” by Catholic Book Publishing Corp.

It’s good. Includes a vast amount of prayers (around 1400) and categorizes them (including by period). The only downside is that they include eastern non-Christian prayers and tries to link them to Church teaching of finding truth in other religions. Not that I have a problem with that line of reasoning but I have a problem praying a prayer that was developed and meant to be addressed to a false god. That being said it is nice to see the style of prayer that other communities use.

A little off topic but have you considered the Divine office? Outside of the Mass it is the most beautiful prayer regimen I have

catholiccompany.com/pieta-prayer-book-p1033086/

Online Version:angelfire.com/ca3/rafaelmarie/ThePieta/athepieta.html

I have two copies : one of The Catholic Book of Prayers: one is a vinyl covered copy, from Catholic Book Publishing Co., N.Y. Scripture quotations from New American Bible by the Confraternity of Christian Doctrine, has the Imprimatur form Joseph T. O’Keefe, Vicar General, Archdiocese of New York, is in large print, has some copies of paintings and drawings to assist (such as the Stations of the Cross & Mysteries of the Rosary. It’s a 1982 edition. The second is a small hardcover of “The Catholic Prayer Book” first American Edition was in 1986 by Servant Books, P…O. Box 8617, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48107. I purchased it in 1995 when it was re-published. It was originally published in England in 1984. Has a large number of Catholic Prayers, listed in the Contents by subject i.e., “The Christian Vocation”, “The Sacraments”, “Daily Prayers”, “Family Prayer”, "Special Occasions, Prayers to Mary, prayers to the Angels and to various Saints, and ends with prayers for Holy Souls (including prayers for the dead). Has beautiful color prints and guides included. I use it more frequently than anything except the Little Office of the Blessed Virgin, which I use for the Prayers of the Hours daily. I really like it, and it’s also a great recourse. Only thing not in it are the “Mysteries of Light” introduced by Blessed John Paul II. It has an introduction fromC ardinal John O’Connor, then Archbishop of New York. I find it meets most of my needs, and includes both the Stations of the Cross and the Rosary prayers with color pictures. Neither was expensive, and I have used them since 1988 and 1995 respectively. I prefer the second one, but the soft vinyl one is convenient for a purse or pocket. Neither is large, and include ribbon markers.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.