What chaplet is this?

I recently bought a beautiful scented chaplet. It came with instructions, but it’s all in Spanish (at least I think it is). It begins like a normal rosary and has seven groups of seven beads. The instructions say “Rosario dello Spirito Santo”. I googled the chaplet but it’s a tad bit different than my chaplet. Online, it has just five groups of seven beads and only five mysteries while the instructions have seven mysteries.

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee309/marapets1995/Image0834.jpg?t=1300799024

That is what it looks like. I don’t know how to pray it.

Perhaps a Seven Sorrows of Mary Chaplet, although it’s missing the medals in between each decade that many have.

Yup, it’s the seven sorrows rosary (it doesn’t always have medals, sometimes just our father beads like a regular rosary). Here are the instructions I give out when I sell one on how to pray it:

The Rosary of Seven Sorrows is a chaplet the recalls the seven major sorrows that the Virgin Mary suffered during the life, trails and death of her son, Jesus Christ. It is wonderful to say this chaplet often, especially on Tuesdays and Fridays.

This chaplet dates back to the middle ages, but the popularity has increased following the Marian apparitions in Kibeho, Rwanda.

The Seven Sorrows rosary is intended to complement, not replace, the traditional rosary.

During the Seven Sorrows rosary you pray seven sets of eight prayers (an Our Father and seven Hail Mary’s) instead of one Our Father and 10 Hail Mary’s. The Seven Meditations that accompany the prayers are as follows:

The Prophecy of Simeon (Lk 2:22-35)
The Flight into Egypt (Mt 2:13-15)
The Loss of Jesus in the Temple (Lk 2:41-52)
Mary Meets Jesus on the Way to Calvary (Lk 23:27-31)
Mary Stands at the Foot of the Cross (Jn 19:25-27)
Mary Receives the Dead Body of Jesus in Her Arms (Jn 19:38-40)
Jesus is Placed in the Tomb (Jn 19:41-42)

For further instructions on praying the Seven Sorrows rosary check out these instructional sites:
7sorrows.org/7sorrows.aspx
catholictradition.org/Mary/7sorrows.htm
catholic-church.org/grace/marian/7sorrows.htm

You do have a point there. But the instructions have 7 mysteries about the Holy Spirit and the center is a dove with fire on it. I guess I could just re-wire it to be a chaplet of the Holy Spirit.
Thanks for all your help!

EDIT: Oh never mind! I found it online. It’s called the Chaplet of the seven gifts of the Holy Spirit.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.