What Chrsitian denomination do you disagree with most?

I do not like the Jehovah’s wittnesses. They show up at our door, and they do NOT shut up!Whenever they come to our house, this is usually what happens: “Well, I have my own beleif and you have yours, so please leave.” My dad says. “Oh, but I bring good news!” JW says. “Goodbye, sir/mam.” “Wait, brother, for I carry tidings of great joy!” “GOODBYE! Let me eat my dinner with my family!” “But you must know the truth!” Shuts door in JW’s face.

I liked and respected the Mormon religion (infact I was even thinking of converting to a mormon), up untill I read their doctrines carefully… stuff like :“there are many Gods”, “There is a mother goddes”, “God was once a human, as we are now,” ect.

I use jws at the door as a terrific way to share my Catholic Faith. It’s a great way to be an apologetic for The True Church.
They only have one verse to share when they show up (each time, different verse) but you can refute their interpretation with patience.
You never know what seed you may plant by talking to them and sharing your Catholicism.
Just don’t take any of their literature. A simple, “No, thank you” works.

When a JW come to your door invite them in and witness to them. Start with John Chapter 6 and the Eucharist.

All which use the faith to advance marxism: Unitarianism, many main line Protestant denominations, Liberation theology and so on.

JW’s? Annoying but no threat. The others are serious threats to the faith.

All of them…
The Holy Roman Catholic Church is not a denomination, it is the only truth!!!

JW’s are important to witness to because they don’t believe in the trinity. If you feel comfortable enough, invite them in and show them proof of the trinity from their own bible, the NWT. Here is an article about a JW who converted to the faith that I think about each time I encounter a JW:

catholic.com/thisrock/1992/9205fea1.asp

[quote=Chazemataz]I do not like the Jehovah’s wittnesses. They show up at our door, and they do NOT shut up!Whenever they come to our house, this is usually what happens: “Well, I have my own beleif and you have yours, so please leave.” My dad says. “Oh, but I bring good news!” JW says. “Goodbye, sir/mam.” “Wait, brother, for I carry tidings of great joy!” “GOODBYE! Let me eat my dinner with my family!” “But you must know the truth!” Shuts door in JW’s face.

I liked and respected the Mormon religion (infact I was even thinking of converting to a mormon), up untill I read their doctrines carefully… stuff like :“there are many Gods”, “There is a mother goddes”, “God was once a human, as we are now,” ect.
[/quote]

I wouldn’t have considered Jehova’s witness Christian, rather psudo Christian. They are so far removed from Traditional Christianity.

I would have to say I disagree with Southern Baptists quite a bit. The SBs I have met have been quite racist and anti=Catholic. My close friend who was raised SB once told me that she was taught that only SBaptists go to heaven and that only whites at that. Catholics are among the long list going to Hell

I guess the top denomonation I disagree with most is Seventh Day adventist, if we are going* strictly* Christian denomonations and not Psudo=christian… although seventh day adventists are close to being in that category.

[quote=David_Paul]All which use the faith to advance marxism: Unitarianism, many main line Protestant denominations, Liberation theology and so on.

JW’s? Annoying but no threat. The others are serious threats to the faith.
[/quote]

Absolutely! These are the “churches” that also march for abortion rights and homosexual marriage. Put the Episcopalians at the top of the list…although some would offer the UCC church aka Unitarians Considering Christ…they are dangerous. I agree JW’s are merely annoying.

Lisa N

:frowning: I say Jehovah’s witness,

Go to b26.ezboard.com/bexjehovahswitnessforum

sunday.ninemsn.com.au/sunday/cover_stories/transcript_1789.asp

jehovahs-witness.com

Rather harmful religion they are… have anyone been to www.watchtower.org ?

Also according to many ex-jws in the meetings they go to at the Kingdom hall a lot of the time the speaker is slandering the Roman catholic church, the Jw’s are very much against the catholics :frowning:

Evanescence

[quote=Chazemataz]I do not like the Jehovah’s wittnesses. . . .I liked and respected the Mormon religion (.
[/quote]

neither of these are Christian denominations. Both deny specifically the divinity of Christ. Better rephrase your title to: which door-to-door proselytizers do you disagree with most?

Go to b26.ezboard.com/bexjehovahswitnessforum

I went here and scrolled down the “Debate & Controversy” section on The Pope - 2 pages of violent vitriol and ignorant rantings. They come off as badly about “other” reigions, especially Catholicism", as they do about their supposed “ex-religion”, jwism.
A bunch of uninformed hostile dunderheads.

the roman catholic church,however it is also the one i admire the most!they are just like that tough coach,teacher,etc.that you butted heads with,but deep down inside you learned the most from! in christian unity,celt

I think the Independent Fundamentalist Christians are probably the most dangerous. I’ve never seen one who did NOT claim to be able to “rightly divide” Scripture and interpret the Word. They hate EVERYONE who does not think like them. Their understanding of God is limited to their faulty human intellect, so they have no faith in the mysterious and mystical aspects of other mainline Protestants and Catholics.

JWs? When they come to your door, tell them “I’ve been disfellowshipped” and they will leave immediately. They are not to speak to a “disfellowshipped” person. Mormons? I’ve got one living next door to me who protects me from the missionaries ;). He knows I’m trying to pray him back into the Catholic Church (he left nearly 30 years ago).

I’m going with the Independent Fundamentalist type churches also. Some are so full of hate. Remember that young homosexual man, Mathew Sheppard who was murdered for being gay? Fundamentalists showed up at HIS FUNERAL and held signs that said “God hates Fags!” There was a fundamentalist church who had, on their website, his picture with a running total of the number of days he’s been burning in hell. How horrible and mean is that? I can’t even imagine what it would be like for his dear Mother to know that even though he’s gone, people still hate him & celebrate his tragic death.

I think they are so similar to White Supremists who twist God’s Word to support their vile message of hate.

JW’s may be annoying & preaching a totally different gospel, but they aren’t burning crosses in anyone’s yard.

[quote=carol marie]I’m going with the Independent Fundamentalist type churches also. Some are so full of hate. Remember that young homosexual man, Mathew Sheppard who was murdered for being gay?.
[/quote]

Nope. Matthew Shepherd was murdered in a drug deal gone bad. Although he became the poster child for homosexual bigotry run amok, the reality is that he was engaged in an illegal and dangerous activity involving very violent people. IOW he wasn’t some guy just walking down the street minding his own business and killed because he was perceived to be homosexual. No his death was not excusable but I really don’t think he should be held up as some kind of martyr to the homosexual agenda.

[quote=carol marie] Fundamentalists showed up at HIS FUNERAL and held signs that said “God hates Fags!” There was a fundamentalist church who had, on their website, his picture with a running total of the number of days he’s been burning in hell. How horrible and mean is that? I can’t even imagine what it would be like for his dear Mother to know that even though he’s gone, people still hate him & celebrate his tragic death.

I think they are so similar to White Supremists who twist God’s Word to support their vile message of hate.

JW’s may be annoying & preaching a totally different gospel, but they aren’t burning crosses in anyone’s yard.
[/quote]

I am sure Matthew Shepherd isn’t the only young man who’s the subject of an inflammatory website and protest signs. Some people are just hateful and mean. Their behavior is inexcusable but the reality is this is the lunatic fringe. A handful of nuts does not make a religion and no one takes them seriously.

FWIW I think Matthew Shepherd’s death should serve more as a warning to avoid the kind of behavior that put him in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Lisa N

[quote=carol marie]I’m going with the Independent Fundamentalist type churches also. Some are so full of hate. Remember that young homosexual man, Mathew Sheppard who was murdered for being gay? Fundamentalists showed up at HIS FUNERAL and held signs that said “God hates Fags!”

I think they are so similar to White Supremists who twist God’s Word to support their vile message of hate…
[/quote]

Shepard wasn’t killed for being gay. Dopers killed him, one of whom is bisexual himself. ABC’S 20/20 finally reported in depth last year on what everyone already knew (ABC wasw hammered by Frank Rich and the usual suspects for that report)

Far as the Rev. Fred Phelps “God hates fags” ministry, White Supremists and NeoNazis, there are many agents provocateurs around. Look at who profits by their rabble rousing. SPLC, ADL, GLAAD, GLSEN etc…

I’m far from fundamentalism but they get slandered for that which they denounce. And the far left is who does it. Same thing the left does to Catholics. Everyday Catholics are put in the position of saying their church does not condone what some priests did and the majority of priests are holy men, so fundamentalists must say they abhor what Fred Phelps does, do not hate gays and wish Phelps would go away.

I’ve read a few threads here that indicate that a small fraction of Catholics believe that only Catholics are going to Heaven.
For example,

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=57311

Other threads point to a private revelation, I don’t remember the saint, in which the saint said that many, many Lutherans were falling into Hell. It seems to me this is in conflict with current Church teaching…

Any racists aside, are Southern baptists worse than those Catholics who believe only Catholics are going to heaven?
My understanding is that the Church teaching is that other Christians, and even non-Christians, can find heaven. However, Catholics possess the highest fullness of truth in their Church. I’ll stick with that “party” line for now.

Whoops, sorry to digress off the topic! :o as for the original question, any denomination that formally sanctions hatred against anybody are the ones I disagree with most. All persons should be treated with the dignity incumbent to all human life, regardless of what particular tendencies they may espouse or possess.

I doubt if any denominations formally sanction hatred against anyone. There are always going to be a few nuts in the grinder and you can’t assume they speak for the denomination.

Is your last sentence a blanket support for all behaviors and all beliefs? You might think about that. If someone had a tendency to prey upon small children would you treat that person with dignity or show them the error of their ways? How about an alcoholic who decided to get behind the wheel after imbibing? IOW disagreeing with someone’s actions does not mean hatred, it might be a really true form of love.

Lisa N

Well, I don’t know if it fits the criteria of “disagree with most”, but the ones that most upset me are the CINOs - Catholics in name only. People in a state of mortal sin going to communion, what more direct attack on our Lord could there be? It makes me cringe. Religious ed teachers spreading error - Priests who lead their flock astray - the most dangerous group of Christians are those who call themselves “Catholic” when they are anything but.

Is your last sentence a blanket support for all behaviors and all beliefs? You might think about that. If someone had a tendency to prey upon small children would you treat that person with dignity or show them the error of their ways? How about an alcoholic who decided to get behind the wheel after imbibing? IOW disagreeing with someone’s actions does not mean hatred, it might be a really true form of love.

Lisa N

IMHO (by the way, that means “in my humble opinion”, right? that’s how i’m using it) You can show someone the error of their ways while still showing them dignity- you can keep an alcoholic from driving while still showing them basic human dignity- you can also disagree with a person’s actions and at the same time show them the dignity that is due to them. That’s what the Catholic Church teaches, is it not?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.