What comes after the Year of the Priest?

Has the Vatican announced this yet?

For whatever it’s worth, the Year of the Priest was promulgated because we are at the 150the anniversary of the death of St. John Marie Vienney, the patron of Parish priests. Last year’s Pauline year was established to mark the 2,000th anniversary of the birth of the Apostles. It seems that the Holy Father proclaims particular years because they are of a specific importance and not just to declare them, at least as far as I can tell.

You’re right, Benedictgal. However, I think that it’s good to have some kind of universal focus, something that the Church can orient itself towards during a certain year for study, prayer, retreats, etc.

Thanks to both for your answers. It certainly explains why I couldn’t find it listed anywhere. I too think a Universal Church focus is a good idea.

Since 1450 there has been an attempt to have a Jubilee every 25 years. (And there was a Jubilee in 1300, 1350, 1390, 1423.) I would guess 2025, 2050, 2075, 2100 will be Jubilee. Then 1933 and 1983 were years of Redemption, so 2033 and 2083 are next in that series. And 1954 (100 year anniversary of the Immaculate Conception dogma) and 1987 were Marian years, so perhaps 2054.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.