What daily missal should I choose

I want to buy a daily missal (all in one volume), mainly for home use. While looking on the Internet I discovered the Daily Roman Missal and the St Paul Missal, but I have not been able to find out what the difference is between the two. Furthr, living in Europe (where it is impossible to find such a missal), I can't have a look at it in a store.
I did figure out that the DRM included the latin mass, but otherwise, where is the difference ?

Thanks for your help and advice which to chose!

I have the St. Paul Sunday missal and have seen the St. Paul daily missal at the store. I like the St. Paul missals for the clarity in their typeset and font style. I would have no problem recommending them! I have not looked very closely at the Daily Roman missal.

The Daily Roman Missal from Midwest Theological Forum is discussed and reviewed at length in the thread at forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=622761. The thread includes many pictures.

There are also pictures of the Catholic Truth Society missal from the UK on that thread.

-Tim-

Thanks for your answer Tim, I effectively saw your post.
The thing is I want a daily missal, the UK one is just a Sunday missal. And I'd like to know what the difference is between the DRM and St Paul's (except the price and the latin texts ;-)) so that I can choose. Have you already seen or used the St Paul mIssal ?
The DRM is from Opus Dei?

No, there is also a Daily Missal from the UK. I have one. It is the CTS New Daily Missal. It a brick! Heavy, even though the paper is very lightweight, since it has 3,440 pages! It has Sundays, Weekdays, and the Proper of Saints.

In the Order of Mass you have Latin on the left page and English on the right page.

In the Sundays you have the readings in English only, but the prayers - Collect, Offertory prayer etc., in both Latin and English. It is the equivalent of the DRM, but uses the Bible that is used in the UK and Ireland (and also the English speaking Caribbean islands), rather than the New American Bible that is used in the United States.

Have you ever thought of using a Bible? I have a One-Year Bible - Catholic Edition and read it each and every day. By the day it usually includes a reading from the Old Testament, Epistles -- New Testament-- and usually ends with a Psalm or a reading from Proverbs. I do the readings each and every night before I turn out the light.
You also might check in your Church as we have Daily Missals at the back of the Church for those of us who go to Mass every day.

[quote="BarbG, post:6, topic:305300"]
Have you ever thought of using a Bible? I have a One-Year Bible - Catholic Edition and read it each and every day. By the day it usually includes a reading from the Old Testament, Epistles -- New Testament-- and usually ends with a Psalm or a reading from Proverbs. I do the readings each and every night before I turn out the light.
You also might check in your Church as we have Daily Missals at the back of the Church for those of us who go to Mass every day.

[/quote]

No Barb I haven't.... I didn't know that a one year bible existed.... I don't necessarily want the missal for church, with 3 small kids I'm happy when I manage to hear what is said in Church ;-)

[quote="Joan_M, post:5, topic:305300"]
No, there is also a Daily Missal from the UK. I have one. It is the CTS New Daily Missal. It a brick! Heavy, even though the paper is very lightweight, since it has 3,440 pages! It has Sundays, Weekdays, and the Proper of Saints.

In the Order of Mass you have Latin on the left page and English on the right page.

In the Sundays you have the readings in English only, but the prayers - Collect, Offertory prayer etc., in both Latin and English. It is the equivalent of the DRM, but uses the Bible that is used in the UK and Ireland (and also the English speaking Caribbean islands), rather than the New American Bible that is used in the United States.

[/quote]

thanks Joan, I just had a look at it on the net and it seems perfect, AND it solves my delivry issues too as I live in France... I guess I might have found MY missal ;-)

I have to say that I found it shocking that I couldn't find a daily missal in French or in German (my mother tongues). I have only found yearly missals, and generaly Sundays and weekdays seperated as well.... whereas I longed for a missal like my grandfather had, a daily one, in which he kept his saint pictures and death cards too, a wonderful way to have what is dear to us nearby.... I'm glad that the English speaking communities still like daiy missals and that thus such are proposed!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.