What denominations believe in the rapture?

I know the pentecostals do. Don't the baptists (?) also do? I know my friend, who is a baptist, believes in the rapture.
Thanks.

Yes Pentecostals do. The Southern Baptist Convention’s website says,

There is no official stance in the SBC beyond what you find in the Baptist Faith and Message. The views among Southern Baptists regarding the end times are broad. If you surveyed Southern Baptists, you would likely find many who hold to the “Pre-Tribulational” view of the rapture, others who hold to a “Mid-Trib” view, some to a “Post-Trib” rapture, some who hold to historical premillennialism, and perhaps even a few who don’t agree with any of these views.

[quote="ltwin, post:2, topic:287879"]
Yes Pentecostals do. The Southern Baptist Convention's website says,

[/quote]

Ok. Thanks! :)

Evangelical Free Church also

I think most non-denominational churches do. I was surprised when I learned as an adult that all Christians don't believe in the rapture. I thought it was a given, agreed upon thing among Christians.

[quote="anp1215, post:5, topic:287879"]
I think most non-denominational churches do. I was surprised when I learned as an adult that all Christians don't believe in the rapture. I thought it was a given, agreed upon thing among Christians.

[/quote]

According to my understanding the "Rapture" teaching only goes back about 200 years and was unheard of before that.

More like 150.
The ‘rapture’ was invented by a Brethren preacher in the 19th century after hearing the ‘prophecies’ of a woman who had mental health issues.

John Nelson Darby, who influenced C I Scholfield to publish his famous protestant study bible.

Lutherans, Anglicans, Reformed, Presbyterians, and others reject the pretrib rapture view and are closer to the Catholic and Orthodox in their understanding of the Second Coming. There is way too much specultion these days on “prophecy” and I refuse to speculate. All I need to know is expressed in the Mystery of Faith- Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again. I think that a lot of the smaller denominations have the belief written into their statement of faith, though.

[quote="LegoGE1947, post:6, topic:287879"]
According to my understanding the "Rapture" teaching only goes back about 200 years and was unheard of before that.

[/quote]

I know. You are correct.

The pre trib rapture is a misunderstanding of scripture, if you look at Matt 24:37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, 39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Who was taken? Who was left?

Luke 17 talks about the same event in Matt24, it's the wicked that are taken. Luke 17 25-27 But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation. 26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man. 27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.
This is a cataclizmic event, nothing quiet about the flood or Christs return. In Verse 27 it finnishes with the flood came and destroyed them all,. So what happened to the taken? Destroyed, the righteous were left.

Gen 7.23 it reads.. Only Noah 'remained' alive. Another word for 'left'
At Christs second coming there are only two groups and this is a problem for people that believe in a secret rapture because they are creating a third group of people which flys in the face of Matt 24 37-39 and Luke 17 22-23 which talks of only two.
Rapture theroy teaches that when the rightous go in the secret rapture people are left alive here on earth, but this does not fit the flood story being, So in the days of the son of man.

Should be two groups, one lot die (wicked) and the rightious are left.
Read Exo 14:28 for an example in the bible of the word remained, who remained or was left? Exo 14:28 And the waters returned, and covered the chariots, and the horsemen, and all the host of Pharaoh that came into the sea after them; there remained not so much as one of them.
LEFT = remained/not destroyed 1 Thess 4:15-17
TAKEN = Destroyed/wicked... Taken, Over Taken and Destroyed mean the same thing....Joshua 8:8,17,21,22 Judges 1:8 Prov 5:22 Ecc 7:26 Isa 8:14-15
In Ecc 7:26 It says who pleaseth God Escapes and sinners shall be taken.

I for sure want to be left and remain for a life time with Jesus.

SDA

[quote="cajunhillbilly, post:9, topic:287879"]
Lutherans, Anglicans, Reformed, Presbyterians, and others reject the pretrib rapture view and are closer to the Catholic and Orthodox in their understanding of the Second Coming. There is way too much specultion these days on "prophecy" and I refuse to speculate. All I need to know is expressed in the Mystery of Faith- Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again. I think that a lot of the smaller denominations have the belief written into their statement of faith, though.

[/quote]

:thumbsup:

Jon

[quote="ltwin, post:2, topic:287879"]
Yes Pentecostals do. The Southern Baptist Convention's website says,

[/quote]

are you a pre-trib rapture believer:confused:

[quote="ADZ, post:11, topic:287879"]
The pre trib rapture is a misunderstanding of scripture, if you look at Matt 24:37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, 39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Who was taken? Who was left?

Luke 17 talks about the same event in Matt24, it's the wicked that are taken. Luke 17 25-27 But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation. 26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man. 27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.
This is a cataclizmic event, nothing quiet about the flood or Christs return. In Verse 27 it finnishes with the flood came and destroyed them all,. So what happened to the taken? Destroyed, the righteous were left.

Gen 7.23 it reads.. Only Noah 'remained' alive. Another word for 'left'
At Christs second coming there are only two groups and this is a problem for people that believe in a secret rapture because they are creating a third group of people which flys in the face of Matt 24 37-39 and Luke 17 22-23 which talks of only two.
Rapture theroy teaches that when the rightous go in the secret rapture people are left alive here on earth, but this does not fit the flood story being, So in the days of the son of man.

Should be two groups, one lot die (wicked) and the rightious are left.
Read Exo 14:28 for an example in the bible of the word remained, who remained or was left? Exo 14:28 And the waters returned, and covered the chariots, and the horsemen, and all the host of Pharaoh that came into the sea after them; there remained not so much as one of them.
LEFT = remained/not destroyed 1 Thess 4:15-17
TAKEN = Destroyed/wicked... Taken, Over Taken and Destroyed mean the same thing....Joshua 8:8,17,21,22 Judges 1:8 Prov 5:22 Ecc 7:26 Isa 8:14-15
In Ecc 7:26 It says who pleaseth God Escapes and sinners shall be taken.

I for sure want to be left and remain for a life time with Jesus.

SDA

[/quote]

so all those on raptureready and raptureintheairnow websites are waiting for something that will never happen......and if the rapture was true wouldnt it mean that Jesus would return 3 times.....and i dont read anything about his 3rd coming....

[quote="wigglytug, post:14, topic:287879"]
so all those on raptureready and raptureintheairnow websites are waiting for something that will never happen......and if the rapture was true wouldnt it mean that Jesus would return 3 times.....and i dont read anything about his 3rd coming....

[/quote]

Not sure if your agreeing with me or not??

yeah i am agreeing but there are protestants whom claimed that a catholic heretic named brother dolcino tought this idea in the 14th century but its too messed up for anyone take the idea as a proof of a pre-trib rapture

[quote="wigglytug, post:13, topic:287879"]
are you a pre-trib rapture believer:confused:

[/quote]

The pre-tribulation rapture is nearly universal among Pentecostals. The imminence of Christ's second coming is part of the four-fold gospel: Jesus saves, baptizes in the Holy Spirit, heals, and is coming again soon.

Personally, I do not feel that there is enough evidence for many of the different theological views about the end times. I simply believe that Jesus is coming again, and all of us should prepare our hearts to be ready when ever that happens, either in our lifetime or not.

[quote="ltwin, post:17, topic:287879"]
The pre-tribulation rapture is nearly universal among Pentecostals. The imminence of Christ's second coming is part of the four-fold gospel: Jesus saves, baptizes in the Holy Spirit, heals, and is coming again soon.

Personally, I do not feel that there is enough evidence for many of the different theological views about the end times. I simply believe that Jesus is coming again, and all of us should prepare our hearts to be ready when ever that happens, either in our lifetime or not.

[/quote]

I believe "The Trib" is a nickname for the Chicago Tribune newspaper.:D

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.