What did God intend?

Iif I were to face God and ask Him, “Lord, what did you intend? The whole world believe different things or be in one Faith?”

What would His answer be? I think I will pray what He REALLY intended!!!

[quote=Paris Blues]Iif I were to face God and ask Him, “Lord, what did you intend? The whole world believe different things or be in one Faith?”

What would His answer be? I think I will pray what He REALLY intended!!!
[/quote]

of course, believe in the Creed…

but, as to fine points and distinctions…
read Romans 14

:slight_smile:

Jesus prayed for us to be one:

“And now I am no more in the world, but they are in the world, and I am coming to thee. Holy Father, keep them in thy name, which thou hast given me, that they may be one, even as we are one.” John 17:17

Jesus prays for this throughout this 17th chapter of John.

[quote=johnshelby]of course, believe in the Creed…

but, as to fine points and distinctions…
read Romans 14

[/quote]

and in Mark 9:

38 John said to Him, "Teacher, we saw someone casting out demons in Your name, and we tried to prevent him because he was not following us."
39 But Jesus said, "Do not hinder him, for there is no one who will perform a miracle in My name, and be able soon afterward to speak evil of Me.
40 "For he who is not against us is for us.

Hi Paris,

We are told to pray “thy kingdom come”. This is what God wants, his kingdom to be established on earth. It is a work in progress.

Verbum

[quote=johnshelby]and in Mark 9:

38 John said to Him, "Teacher, we saw someone casting out demons in Your name, and we tried to prevent him because he was not following us."
39 But Jesus said, "Do not hinder him, for there is no one who will perform a miracle in My name, and be able soon afterward to speak evil of Me.
40 "For he who is not against us is for us.

[/quote]

Yeah but what if some other Christan denoms say the same thing but toward Catholics? In other words, they might think that Jesus meant that the CC was against Him or something. Make sense?

I think He will say that he didn’t intend for religion to get out of hand nearly as much as it has.

In our own Church, for example, I think He would view discussions of things like whether a crystal chalice is appropriate as a foolish waste of time.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.