What did Jesus mean? In LUKE

In today’s gospel
Luke 13 31-25

That he would almost not be available ?

He will be to those who seek Him.

I’m guessing you mean verses Luke 13:31-35.

verse 35 say See, your house is left to you. And I tell you, you will not see me until the time comes when you say, ‘Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the Lord.'

Basically the verse is another way of saying seek and you shall find. Call on Jesus (the one who comes in the name of the Lord) and you will find Jesus, be blessed with Jesus.

In context

In my opinion, Jesus is trying to tell them that they won’t be able to see them again here on earth because He will come back to God the Father, which we knew as the Ascension.

Our Lord is saying that someday, the Jews will be able to know that He is truly the Son of God. And will say these words “Blessed is He who comes in the Name of the Lord”

To me it seems Jesus’ words in Luke 13:35 are fulfilled at every Mass.
At the beginning of the second part of the Mass, the Liturgy of the Eucharist, in the final line of the “Holy, holy, holy”, the whole congregation says/sings:
"Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord".
Immediately after that the priest prays the “First half of prayer, including the Consecration — and then holds up the consecrated host (Jesus Christ, truly present) for all to see.

From the US Bishops website:

Liturgy of the Eucharist

• Presentation of the Gifts and Preparation of the Altar
  • Prayer over the Offerings
  • Eucharistic Prayer
    • Preface
    • Holy, Holy, Holy
    • First half of prayer, including Consecration
    • Mystery of Faith
    • Second half of prayer, ending with Doxology

Jesus is speaking to Jerusalem, which in context is the nation of Israel. Not just the political entity.
So perhaps is a prophecy that Israel will not see Jesus until they all acknowledge HIM. And so, even though the state of Israel is again a reality today, the place of most importance for Jerusalem remains desolate.

Peace!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.