What diocese regulates and oversees Catholic Answers?

What Dioceses regulates / oversees CatholicAnswers.com?

I haven’t found anything on your website stating what Diocese you are part of or what Dioscese oversees your web site.

The reason I ask is I have found numerous “catholic” websites that support abortion, divorce, etc. I have been Catholic for 17 years, but only recently started becoming very involved in my local parish, and have attended several bible studies, such as Jeff Cavins Great Adventure. We are currently studying Revelation and I have been reading The Lamb’s Supper by Scott Hahn. I am fascianated at how this book ties into mass, and how many times Christ is referenced in the Old Testament. My faith and knowledge is growing daily, and I would like a website I know I can trust to be true!

Thanks in advance for an answer, and if this information is availble on the website, I apologize for not being able to find it!

Hi,

We are located in the Catholic Diocese of San DIego, California. As an independent, lay organization, we submit to the authority of our local ordinary, Bishop Robert Brom. Without his approval we could not use the name “Catholic” in our title. This does not mean that he necessarily agrees with everything we say. It does mean that what we say is not contrary to the teachings of the Catholic Church.

Fr. Vincent Serpa, O.P.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.