What do I call bishops, archbishops, and cardinals?

Could someone do a quick rundown as to just what, exactly is the correct address for a bishop, cardinal, etc.? Who is “Your Grace…”? Who do you call “Your Excellency…”? I never seem to get it right and constantly have egg on my face as a result!

Bishops and archbishops are “Excellency” or “Your Excellency.” Cardinals are “Eminence” or “Your Eminence.” You can also call any of the above by their title and last name (e.g., “Bishop/Archbishop/Cardinal Jones”). The Pope is “Holy Father” or “Your Holiness.”

As for “Your Grace,” that is used for an Anglican archbishop. It is not commonly used for Roman Catholic prelates.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.