What do I do about my marriage (married outside of the Church)?


I’m Catholic and my wife is to begin RCIA classes next week. We were married by a non-denominational “minister” in Hawaii five years ago. What do we have to do to make our marriage acceptable by the Catholic Church?



If neither of you has been married and divorced, just go to your priest and tell tell him your situation. He will take care of the matter and bless your marriage.

Fr. Vincent Serpa, O.P.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.