What do I do about my niece's gay partnership?

My niece has announced to her parents and extended relatives (me) her aunt that she is Gay! not only that she intends to enter into a ‘Civil Partnership’ with another woman. Obviously I am shocked and stunned and have told her I cannot attend this ceremony. I feel terrible though as she is and has been a very dear niece. What a situation to be in but I just want reassurance that I am doing the right thing also I do not think I can send a card or present can I please have some advice on this impossible situation

with thanks

McKenna,

These links should be helpful. The first two answer your question on if you should attend while the last two give resources for family and friends of those who struggle with same-sex attraction. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by these links, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Recommended Reading:
Should I attend my brother’s same-sex “marriage”?
What are the rules for attending weddings?

What should a parent of a gay child do?
How do I deal with my lesbian daughter?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.