What do I do about sins forgotten during confession?

My understanding is that if one forgets a mortal sin during reconcilliation that it is forgiven, but you are obligated to confess the sin the next time you go to confession.

Assuming my understanding is correct, my questions are:

1. May one receive communion during the period after you remember the forgotten mortal sin, but before you go back to confession?

2. How long may one wait before going back to confess the mortal sins that you foget to confess? For example, our parish has confession every Saturday, but it is also availble by appointment. May I wait until the next Saturday I can go, or should I make an appointment?

This seems to come up quite often for me as I tend to remember something from my life before I became catholic that I haven’t confessed yet.

Thanks in advance.

Inman,

These three links should answer both your questions. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by these links, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Recommended Reading:
Can I receive communion if I forgot to confess a mortal sin?
Do I confess sins I forgot but now recall?
How do I conquer scrupulosity?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.