What do I do after I have broken my word?

Hi. I thought that I had submitted this question, but I don’t see it anywhere, so here goes again.
A while back, my wife and I found out that she was pregnant. Some tests had come back with possibly bad results.
I was in RCIA at the time, and I went before the Blessed Virgin in prayer. I promised her that if my baby were born healthy, I would give it a certain name.
A bit later, I fell away from the Church and did not end up getting baptized.
The baby was born healthy and we did not give it the name I had promised to.
What is my state now? I feel as though I have done something terrible by getting what I asked for, but not following through on my end of things. I broke my word.

Hi DF,

You don’t mention if you finally got baptized? If not, get to it for starters. You can still entrust your child to the care of our Blessed Mother. What she really wants from you is that you commit yourself unconditionally to her Son. This is far more important to her than what you name your child.

Fr. Vincent Serpa, O.P.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.