What do I do if I've had a tubal ligation?

Hello,
I had a tubal 18 yrs ago.I am now 42.My husband and I were married in the church after 20 yrs of cohabitation.
I have the 3 children The youngest being 18.
I have confessed this sin and been absolved.
My question is there has been no real intimacy between my husband and I for many years.There is sex but “making love” doesn’t happen any more and hasn’t for a very long time.
I feel now that we are living with the consequences of this sin.
I want so very much to have that connection with my husband again.
I have prayed very hard for God to restore this.
Do you think that it’s possible to regain that wonderful union that we had when we were fertile or do you think I should just realize that we have made that decision and it cannot be now.
It makes us sad from time to time.
Have you ever heard from any one who has this problem or who whom the intimacy has been restored by God.
I don’t feel our union is sacred in that way.
I have talked to my confessor about this but he has not given me much about it.
It seems we are too old now to have it reversed but if we had the money I would do it any way.

The following links should help you understand what the Church teaches about reversing contraceptive procedures. If you have any further questions, please contact Catholic Answers directly.
Recommended Reading:**

After a tubal ligation, what do I do?
Confirmed 3 years after Tubiligation

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.