What do I do with the crackers and wine?

Hi,
I have a dilemna, my wife and I are forced to go to a Weselyan Church because the Catholic Church we go to cut down its number of services and we are unable to accomodate them. My dilema is what should I do with these carckers and juice that the church passes around when commemorating the Last Supper?

Should I pretend nothing is wrong and eat the crackers and drink the wine or should I abstain from them?

Please respond quickly because I don’t know what to do.

God Bless
Robin

Hi RH,

I’m not buying this one. No Catholic is ever forced to attend a Protestant church service. In fact, Catholics are forbidden to worship in such Churches—let alone receiving their form of eucharist. To knowingly attempt to receive such eucharist is mortally sinful for a Catholic. I’d say that you had better find a way to “accomodate” to the new regimen at the Catholic church. The accomodation you have chosen is not an option for a practicing Catholic.

Fr. Vincent Serpa, O.P.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.