What do I haveto do to come back to the Church?


Twenty five years ago I married out of the Catholic Church. For the past several years I have had a very strong feeling that I should be back in the Catholic Church. My wife (Lutheran):ehh: :ehh: :ehh: most likely will not be attending. What do I have to do to get back to the Church I was born and raised into? Do I have to get my marriage blessed? What do I have to do to be able to take communion?


Dear Dorbe,

If neither of you have been divorced, all you need to do is see a priest about having your marriage blessed. Then go to Confession and you may receive Holy Communion. In fact, until you marriage is blessed, if you refrain from marital relations, you may go to Confession and receive Holy Communion. You are in my prayers.

Fr. Vincent Serpa, O.P.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.