What do Protestant really believe about the Catholic Church?

No. I’m not a fan of it myself. You asked me a question. “Good for which Protestants?” I answered it the best I could. I don’t know exactly what it is you’re asking me. Are you asking me to provide specific denominations, statistics, what?

No, I can’t give a specific denomination that is into prosperity preaching. I can’t give statistics. (They don’t interest me since I doubt their accuracy.) I can’t name specific individuals. But you can look at the ratings for yourself. They show that the viewership for this type of preaching is quite popular.

Hopefully, this response answers your question better.

JonNC, I don’t always name specific denominations because where I live, every denomination considers itself Protestant. The people I have spoken to in each of the churches, except for non-denominational, of course, call themselves Protestants.

That is why I call all of the Christian denominations that aren’t Catholic Protestant just as my mother has done all her life (she was raised in the Methodist and Church of Christ churches) and everyone else where I live does.

I don’t call people Protestants to insult. And I’m sorry if people take it as an insult. It isn’t.

It isn’t an insult. It is an inaccuracy.
Let’s look at it this way: the original Protestants believed, taught, and confessed that the Eucharist is the real and substantial body and blood of Christ, Private Confession and Absolution, and baptismal regeneration.
Tell your Protestant friends that this what Protestants believe and see their reaction.

Maybe you could carpool, alternating weekly who pays for coffee afterwards.

Hi! Peace be with you!My love as a Catholic, I would say that some of the parts of old Chuch was not good but now we are trying to reform our Chuch,Our Catholic Church.In old times we have some hypocrite priest and there many mistake we commit.But by the Grace of God we all try to change our Catholic Church and it’s some false beliefs.Like killing a person who kills a person,we do not have power or authority to kill because we’re not Creator.But now I’d think that we are doing good we are progressing.Every words and feelings are explained well.You can chat with me at my Facebook Account , please search for me: 告尤金 Thank you!

Depends on what Bible they use, what they think about communion, and what they believe about others that do not believe like them- kind of like Catholics

Of course Protestants have Hope…Jesus alone is our Hope.

I am Australian, what do you mean by shout? Is it like yelling out for the kids to get home because its tea time, or something different?

I have never met a real life person who says they are Protestant.

The first Catholic person I met was this kid in high school. Didn’t meet another one until college.

It’s a form of praise to God that includes shouting and dancing. It has roots in the Anglo-American evangelical revivals of the 18th centuries and American slave religion. Below is footage from a church in the African American Protestant tradition.

It depends on the Protestant. There’s a pretty big difference between a High church Anglican and an Independent Baptist.

As long as you mentioned prayer to saints to intervene, I would add that from a Jewish point of view there are two different rabbinical interpretations of the Deuteronomy verse which prohibits this. One is that it is indeed strictly forbidden, as you state. But the other is that so long as the prayer is not directly addressed for the departed “saint” to INTERVENE but instead to INTERCEDE, it is allowed. The latter interpretation has some precedents in the Hebrew Bible. Catholics are no doubt influenced by this teaching, as they are by the Jewish teaching of purgatory.

Re: necromancy
Consider this explanation https://www.catholic.com/qa/does-praying-to-saints-contradict-isaiah-819
That said, saints in heaven aren’t dead. They are more alive than we are.

Answered in the previous link + the internal link. Saints on earth praying to saints in heaven and saint in heaven praying for saints on earth… And on and on it goes

Pray is to ask. If I ask someone here to pray for me, am I worshiping that person? No. Quite frankly, if I ask someone to pray for me, would I restrict that request to only corrupt individuals here on this earth? No. I’m including the big guns as well already in heaven

In real life I would not call myself a Protestant- just a Christian. I call myself a Protestant on here for lack of a better term.

Yet

with a few well placed questions, isn’t one’s belief system recognized even if they don’t say it…

Why not just Christian on here as well. I make a point to refer to any non-Catholic “whatever” as simply that, Non-Catholic. Also I wont go and call anything non-Catholic, Christian as that would also be unfair to Catholics.

The term Protestant is totally superfluous in my opinion as the fact that there is a Catholic Church has absolutely no relevance to my faith.

You gotta remember I am in Australia. I am sure there are protestants here, somewhere. WE don’t have your evangelical traditions. Although we do have Hillsong Church and our new Prime Minister belongs to it.

Thanks be to God we have a Church going deeply spiritual leader, even if he is not Catholic.

It took me a while to process what you are saying here but I finally got it! You are absolutely right…the term “Protestant” no longer has a useful purpose. How to deal with the Catholic/Christian thing is difficult, for example, I recently engaged in conversation with a street vendor in Mexico. We got onto the subject of Religion and when I asked him if he was Catholic, he responded with “I am Catholic, but really more Christian than Catholic.”

The division between Catholic and non-Catholic Christian breaks my heart, and I think it breaks the heart of Jesus too, especially considering his high priestly prayer in John chapter 17. He prayed over and over that we might be one; his last earthly prayer for us, as it were. Every time a new denomination or non-denominational church is birthed, how does that not fly right in the face of Jesus’ passionate prayer that we might be one? I understand there are differences, but I’m also convinced that the differences are greatly exaggerated by semantics and ignorance, and too often, a willful ignorance. How often does pride needlessly drive the divisions deeper? And yet especially for those of us who have been in both worlds, we have clearly seen living faith in both Catholics and non-Catholic Christians. I can’t help but to think that much (not all, but much) that divides us are false walls.

Is it too simplistic to believe that we ARE all one in our common belief that Jesus is the only begotten Son of God, that He was crucified for our sins and that He rose from the dead to complete the plan of Salvation? Catholic and non-Catholic Christians all echo Joshau of old in that “as for me and for my house, we will serve the Lord”. How we apply and work out that belief results in differences of ideas and practice but if those practices do not negate the common core belief, why do we make judgements and anathemas against each other that cause division?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.