What do 'Twilight' and 'Deathly Hallows' have in common?

I found this great post on Twlight from an ex-Mormon. It really helped me better understand Twilight. It seems my instincts are correct about religious writers: we tend to hold our faith so dear to us that it pours into our writings!

First post: stoney321.livejournal.com/317176.html
Second post: stoney321.livejournal.com/317857.html
Third post: stoney321.livejournal.com/318658.html
Fourth post: stoney321.livejournal.com/319735.html

And that leads into “Deathly Hallows”, the book by Rowling, who apparently uses a lot of Calvinism in her books:

Review 1: thehogshead.org/beedle-was-a-gothic-calvinist/
Review 2: ferretbrain.com/articles/article-161
(more reviews can be found by clicking on the theme J.K. Rowling at the end of the article)

All said articles include vulgar language and a few instances of taking God’s Name in vain. You can ask Jesus to forgive and purify them for the former when you come upon it, and you can make reparation for the latter by praying “Blessed be His Holy Name” when you come upon the profanity.

I really know nothing of the “Twilight” series, so I cannot comment on those. I am also not a Harry Potter fan, per se, but the articles posted do have faulty logic.
On the first article, she claims that Potter and Voldemort are both predestined, but offers no concrete examples of where either was shown to not be acting freely. Certainly the movies focused largely on their two different choices. I recall something from Dumbeldore about how it wasn’t at all fated, it was entirely about their actions. People who know the books well can make this point about free will better than I can. The only other claim the author makes is that the houses prove predestination: gryffindor=good, slytherin=bad. But doesn’t Snape turn out to be the good guy in the end? In love with Harry’s mother all his life, sacrifices himself to help Harry? That would seem to me to argue against this claim.
Other than those points, I’m not seeing a genuine argument here; being full of “buy my book and find out the REAL argument” is not helpful.

Besides the fact that they’re both badly written (in varying degrees)? Deathly Hallows didn’t live up to what it could have been, and it was a spit-poor way to cap off an epic fantasy series. Twilight, on the other hand, is just a mediocre tween fantasy-romance novel.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.