What do we do when it is so difficult to have my son baptized?

Hello,

9 years ago my wife and i attempted to get married at our local church. The priest was very difficult and due t his behaviour we got married at a church further away.

My wife and i now have a son and we are wanting to have him baptised in the local church. The Priest is still the same one who would not marry us. I spoke to him yesterday and he again made it very difficult with an attitude of we do not need people. He told me to go back to the church that married us.

I am not happy with this and want to make a complaint. My belief is that this priest represent Christ and this is clearly not how Christ would behave. My parents are very upset that a priest can be so judging.

what do you suggest we do?

Kind Regards

Dear friend,’

Frankly, I wouldn’t want to be in a parish with a pastor like that. You could go to the bishop. But even if he pressured the priest to baptize your child, it would be a very unpleasant experience. I suggest that you join another parish. Come back when he is no longer the pastor. You are in my prayers.

Fr. Vincent Serpa, O.P.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.