What do you do on Feast Days?

St Dymphna’s feast day is coming up in a couple weeks and I was wondering what do you do on a feast day?

Thanks!

Kat

There’s a feast day for one saint or another every day katpants. You don’t have to do anything, but you could celebrate that saint’s life, go to Mass and pray that that saint might intercede for your intentions, read a bit about that saint’s life and see if you gain inspiration from the things they did and their journey of faith.

Pax Christi!

Most people don’t do anything. Some will do something special, such as attend Mass or offer some prayers.

Some days I will post something: I’m about to post concerning today: Feast of St. Joseph the Worker. I’ve changed my avatar and may attend Mass; our parish is St. Joseph’s and will offer an extra Mass today.

On July 25th, Feast of St. James the Greater, apostle and martyr, and my confirmation saint, I have pizza and listen to Dean Martin. Really.

God bless.

We always fast the day before, then have a special dinner on the feast. Same for a solemnity.

There are only like 10 or 20 in the year, and many are cancelled if they land on a Sunday, Holy Week or octave or Easter.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.