What do you do when GOD seems silent

I don’t know if it’s the constant troubles in my life and those of my family lately but GOD just seems silent.

What do you do when GOD seems silent.
I be silent with him and wait.

He has not abandoned you. Continue to pray and wait on Him. That is what exercises our faith.

1.bp.blogspot.com/_0lzBuz9ge6M/TLKNwiksKDI/AAAAAAAAAyY/vCpB40Gri1U/s400/Be+still,+and+know+that+I+am+God.jpg

There really is nothing else to do but this.

Even if God seems silent, He still loves us more than we could ever comprehend. Keep praying. Keep loving Him. I know it is difficult, but God isn’t with you only when life is wonderful. He is always there.

God bless, and know of my prayers for you.

I completely understand where u r coming from on this, as i too am wondering as my marriage is urgent need of His help but i am still confused because He seems silent. All i can do is pray. Even when i get angry, i end up praying even though i feel is He there.? So keep praying, go to mass go to adoration. I have found myself at the parish more than ever latley just sitting and talking in hopes He is listening. Keep praying. I am praying for you too.

The saints have gone through this and even Our Lord went through this–My God, my God, why have you forsaken Me?

This is from Letter 8 of the Screwtape Letters, in which a devil explains to a junior tempter the use God (in this demon’s world view, the Enemy) makes of those times when we have little sense of God’s presence. Screwtape’s “cause” is to get souls into Hell; he explains that God’s “cause,” and therefore God’s methods, are very different.

"…*You must have often wondered why the Enemy does not make more use of His power to be sensibly present to human souls in any degree He chooses and at any moment. But you now see that the Irresistible and the Indisputable are the two weapons which the very nature of His scheme forbids Him to use. Merely to override a human will (as His felt presence in any but the faintest and most mitigated degree would certainly do) would be for Him useless. He cannot ravish. He can only woo. For His ignoble idea is to eat the cake and have it; the creatures are to be one with Him, but yet themselves; merely to cancel them, or assimilate them, will not serve. He is prepared to do a little overriding at the beginning. He will set them off with communications of His presence which, though faint, seem great to them, with emotional sweetness, and easy conquest over temptation. Sooner or later He withdraws, if not in fact, at least from their conscious experience, all those supports and incentives. He leaves the creature to stand up on its own legs-- to carry out from the will alone duties which have lost all relish. It is during such trough periods, much more than during the peak periods, that it is growing into the sort of creature He wants it to be. Hence the prayers offered in the state of dryness are those which please Him best. We can drag our patients along by continual tempting, because we design them only for the table, and the more their will is interfered with the better. He cannot ‘tempt’ to virtual as we do to vice. He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there He is pleased even with their stumbles. Do not be deceived, Wormwood. Our cause is never more in danger than when a human, no longer desiring, but still intending, to do our Enemy’s will, looks round upon a universe from which every trace of Him seems to have vanished, and asks why he has been forsaken, and still obeys. But of course the troughs afford opportunities to our side also. Next week I will give you some hints on how to exploit them,

You affectionate uncle
Screwtape*"

The last month or so has been very difficult for me. I’ve had my house up for sale for 45 days. Only 3 shows. I’m also dealing with an ant invasion wihich I’ve been trying to keep at bay. I’m terrified of ants swarming around my house they’ve gone from just coming in around the back door to coming up my bathroom and kitchen pipes. I’ve had the house sprayed 4 times by 2 different exterminators nothing has worked. They are still coming on strong. I also live in a slab and because my house is for sale and because I’m a bit of bug phobic I keep my house immaculately clean. Now I’m getting ants on my counters. Soon folks will notice them if they come to view my house and who wants an ant infested house. I’ve been also pouring vinager down all the drains everyother day they don’t like vinagar but it not longer stops them. I’m just ready to walk out and let the bank have it. This house has been the ten plagues roaches, drain flies, roof leak, frozen pipes, now ants…also has a bad spider problem but spiders don’t really bother me strangely enough I just kill them. It’s not fair that I should have this problem I don’t even eat at home and never have cooked anything in my house because of former bug issues which no amount of cleaness had an effect. I’m always clean and never leave my pets food out more than a few minutes.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.