What do you know of Julian of Norwich?

I have read a bit about and by Julian of Norwich. Her writings seem a bit odd–that of Jesus as Mother.

Do any of you know anything about her?

I have read a couple of devotionals that quote from her and give a summary of her life, I have never heard the remark you quote, do you have a citation for it? Is it a book or cite about her, or one that directly quotes her own words, many modern devotional works are written by other authors who can twist the words of the most orthodox saint to make them support their own agenda. without a source there is no way to comment.

this source is a very brief bio but lists the editions of her words, and who has edited or annotated them.

She was an anchoress and a mystic…All shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well

She lived during the Black Plague in England and had a deep burden for the fate of the many who died-and whether they would end up in hell. God granted her “showings” that she understood better many years later. She is quoted in the Catechism of the Catholic Church.

gloriana.nu/mother.htm

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.