What do you think about this book about Communisim in the Church?

It's a new book called AA-1025 Memoirs of the Communist Infiltration into the Church. Has anyone read it? If you did how was it?

sunrisemarian.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=sun&Screen=PROD&Category_Code=New&Product_Code=9780895554499

[quote="patrickp200, post:1, topic:293968"]
It's a new book called AA-1025 Memoirs of the Communist Infiltration into the Church. Has anyone read it? If you did how was it?

sunrisemarian.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=sun&Screen=PROD&Category_Code=New&Product_Code=9780895554499

[/quote]

I haven't, but thanks for the heads up. I'd been reading (online) the story of Bella Dodd, a lifelong (almost) Communist whose job was to help the party infiltrate the public school system. She purportedly told Bishop Sheen (who was directly involved with her reception BACK into the Church as she was baptised as a child but not raised Catholic) that the Party had placed thousands of young men in seminaries worldwide and that some were advancing even to leadership levels of the Church in some places. That was in the 1950s.

Satan of course would love to infiltrate the Church, turn the faithful towards rebellion, and in all ways destroy the Church. Communism, doctrinally atheistic, would be a good "yeast of the Pharisees" problem for him to foment in the Church. :sad_yes:

And the Communists (I think here of the USSR, the American Communist Party, Red China, and those parlor Communists who work to "bring it all down, man") with their worldwide Revolution, official atheism, and class warfare as foundational 'givens'; would
view the Catholic Church as an obstacle to be overcome in all those areas. :mad:

I'll take a look at the book sometime soon I think.

Meanwhile, let's keep praying for the Church. She has always helped the poor and promoted charity. But when I hear the term "Social Justice" in the Church followed by what seems to be subtle class warfare sentiment (up to and including coveting anothers' goods), I gulp hard and wonder.

romancatholicheroes.blogspot.com/2009/03/bella-dodd.html <Bella Dodd info

I have not read that book, but when I was a teen I read "quotations from chairman Jesus" by Fr Berrigan (sp).

It was a fad in the 60s and 70s, as was Liberation theology.

[/quote]

I read it years ago. I believe it's very possible. I read it when I was studying freemasonry and it's known that freemasonry has done it. Stalin started this infiltration back in the 1930's and we know through the Winona Papers that they were also infiltrating the U.S. Government. It confirmed what Sen Joe McCarthy was saying. Remember that Our Lady said at Fatima that Russia would spread her errors around the world. AA-1025 shows how a communist infiltratrated the priesthood.

The more exact term would be "Freemasons" since all high ranked Communist leaders were part of that secret society according to Trotsky. And yes, they have infiltrated the Church unfortunately. That's why there has been a bad catechesis in the Church since the 60s. And besides, the Pope warned us...

[quote="James224, post:4, topic:293968"]
I read it years ago. I believe it's very possible. I read it when I was studying freemasonry and it's known that freemasonry has done it. Stalin started this infiltration back in the 1930's and we know through the Winona Papers that they were also infiltrating the U.S. Government. It confirmed what Sen Joe McCarthy was saying. Remember that Our Lady said at Fatima that Russia would spread her errors around the world. AA-1025 shows how a communist infiltratrated the priesthood.

[/quote]

Matt 13:24 He proposed another parable to them. "The kingdom of heaven may be likened to a man who sowed good seed in his field. 25 While everyone was asleep** his enemy came and sowed weeds all through the wheat,** and then went off. 26 When the crop grew and bore fruit, the weeds appeared as well. 27 The slaves of the householder came to him and said, 'Master, did you not sow good seed in your field? Where have the weeds come from?'

28 He answered,** 'An enemy has done this.' His slaves said to him, 'Do you want us to go and pull them up?' 29 He replied, 'No, if you pull up the weeds you might uproot the wheat along with them. 30 Let them grow together until harvest; then at harvest time I will say to the harvesters, "First **collect the weeds and tie them in bundles for burning; but gather the wheat into my barn."'"

Somehow this scripture seemed appropriate to the subject. Sorry about the color. ;)

[/quote]

please, this is a pathetic accusation, Communist past and present persecute Catholics:(

Hmmmm :nerd:

The Soviet Union collapses and the vocations crises deepens. Interesting idea.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.