What do you think of the forum redesign?

Man, now I’m going to have Elsa as an earworm in my head for hours…

:cloud_with_snow: :snowflake::snowflake:

Elsa? Mi no hablo ingles…

Elsa, de Disney’s Frozen: Una aventura congealed. :stuck_out_tongue:

I was going to say I expected it to show up at some parishes at Mass to encourage people go to reconciliation, but we are getting along so well I shouldn’t pick fights. :zipper_mouth_face:

Oh. My Disney years are LONG GONE friend. I have no idea who the princesses are in their stable anymore! :rofl:

Well now you know that Elsa is the snow queen from Frozen that sings “Let it Go”. This must be a first that I’m giving popular media references. :smiley:

HAHAHAHAHHA

Fashizzle. :laughing:

I entirely agree with you. “Striving to better, oft we mar what’s well”… Like me a lot of members will vote with their feet!

Please let me know the website.

Playing with it, navigation is quicker, though it’d still be nice to have an overview to see some of those threads we might not otherwise see in less-busted subfora.

There are so many changes there’s no point in giving a list of them. Instead of being improvements on an attractive, efficient system they seem motivated by a need to economise - which is understandable but not a good reason for claiming they are logically and aesthetically superior.

The more I use it, the more it grows on me.

My preference is for the older forum, but this isn’t CAF Armageddon for me.

I have to be frank, I think my nephew in high school could have designed a better forum.

There’s no interface; there’s a blob of threads; there’s no structure; you can’t find anything unless you do a search.

What’s with the “video game” reward badges?

if you have figured this out, congratulations

Perhaps it has been proven to make people post more often and feel welcomed in the soundless void of internet space. Either that or it lowers the average poster age. Either goal sounds plausible to me.

Also, I’ve noticed the last read where it takes you to is now tracking by computer and not by account. So if I view a thread on a different device, it takes me to the last post in the thread that I saw on that computer, even if I’ve been watching it on a different computer.

Could you give me an example of what you’re trying to find? Maybe I can help.

The forum does look fresh, but would prefer to have more options over the background colouring.
Have the option of last post being first, at 609 posts down the track it took a while get to the bottom.
I miss having an idea what religon a person belongs to with the thread.

Thank you! I was wondering what was going on!

Hey, Janet. The all white background is the default “theme” for the website, but two other themes are available. There is one labeled “CA Theme”, which is still a light background, but which certainly softens up the whiteness a lot and puts some light gray in there to offset it. There’s also a “Dark” background. The Dark is a little too much black for me, but it might be easier on the eyes. I hope that they’ll be introducing new themes with a bit more variation as time passes. You can change your theme under your preferences or by simply selecting the theme you want from the setup icon (the three horizontal bars) near the top right of your screen.

Perhaps they are hoping we’ll use the like buttons rather than saying thanks. And yes, there is a minimum post size. Though I’ve used fewer characters but combined with an image upload, I think.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.