What Do You Think ?

I have always wondered this, and would like to get some feed back as to what every one thinks.
Is Heaven A physical place or more of a spirit place ?
what can we do there ?
does any one have an idea or clue ?

No idea as to what we would do, but I do know worship is going to be a part of it, as well as full communion with God and our brothers and sisters in faith!

I do, however, think it will be a physical place, because Christ was ascended in physical form, as well as Mary and Elijah. Also, Moses’ body was taken up as well. Christ promises a physical resurrection, so I believe heaven will also be physical. :smiley:

It is both. But it is not a “place” that you could ever visit in this life (even if you had a sooper dooper rocket ship). You cannot point to any location in a starry sky (from any place on earth) that would be heaven.

Heaven is a spiritual place for God and His Angels and Saints right now (except for Jesus, Mary, and possibly a few others who are in a physical Heaven). But on Judgment Day there will be a new Heaven and a new Earth - an incorruptible, supernatural Earth, for our incorruptible, glorious resurrected bodies…

Revelation 21 (NIV)

1Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

I would think it’d be both. jesus had a resurrected body and yet could pass through locked doors and ascend into heaven. He could also eat broiled fish and have doubting Thomas stick his finger in his side… Food for thought…

I agree. Our belief in bodily resurrection shows that there will be a physical component of the experience of Heaven. Although there are saints in Heaven already, and some will go directly to Heaven, while others will be purified in Purgatory first, we will not fully experience Heaven until the resurrection.

God created humankind in His image.

Humankind is both a physical and spiritual being. To this, there is no doubt.

Would God not want His creation whole, within His House?:slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.