What does a Jewish have to say about the Cathloic Church

Let me give you some figures that Catholics should know and remember. For example, 12% of the 300 Protestant clergy surveyed admitted to
sexual intercourse with a parishioner; 38% acknowledged other inappropriate sexual contact in a study by the United Methodist
Church, 41.8% of clergy women reported unwanted sexual behavior; 17% of laywomen have been sexually harassed. Meanwhile, 1.7% of the
Catholic clergy has been found guilty of pedophilia. 10% of the Protestant ministers have been found guilty of pedophilia.
This was written by a Jewish Businessman by the name of Sam Miller

Interesting figures. I have often searched, although not very long, for such statistics.

Some very questionable numbers here; you should check your sources and reference them before presenting this stuff. As well as define the terms, such as “unwanted sexual behavior”. The “10% of Protestant ministers” part is really nonsensical, and if even close to being correct, our jails would be bursting with preachers!

I’m not sure what purpose it would be to know and remember this kind of thing if I were catholic. What good would it do me other than to get upset?

Because This was all you hear for prostestants for years about the cathloic sex thing so this is leven the fild

fratres.wordpress.com/2008/07/06/if-i-were-an-protestant-minister-sam-millers-numbers-wrong/

Bill is perhaps referring to this article: Kangaroo Journalism. The address only works with with Internet Explorer not Firefox, for some reason. :shrug:

If they did that for years, with the problems they have had, then that does not speak well of them. Ignore that kind of silly playground bully mentality and tell them when they want to talk to you about theology, come back and talk about it. Otherwise, tell them to jump off a cliff.

Is this a Cathloi web page

Not been in any of the pretty ones - I’ve been to weddings in a couple of not particularly pretty ones.

Any clue as to what % of the total adult male population are ‘pedophiles’?

Some are really ugly, I agree. But I have been to some really beautiful ones. I guess it’s hit or miss. The most annoying thing can be the music when sung very poorly I think.

The central point here isn’t the numbers, but the egregious way in which the Catholic Church has been singled out by the media. Every day we hear of teachers and non-Catholic clergy/church workers, social group leaders, etc. arrested for sexual misconduct with children or women, but it doesn’t get the overblown attention that a case of a Catholic priest. Nor do prosecutors try to circumvent statute of limitations in any other cases except Catholic priests. Why is that?

It’s because the Catholic Church stands against the left-wing sexual agenda–gay marriage and abortion (yes, it’s all about sex) and condoms on demand in schools, and other such issues. The Catholic Church needs to be discredited for that agenda to go forward, especially in highly Catholic areas such as Boston. Wake up, people. This is real persecution. And the average person swallows the hype and then spews it out against Catholics. My own relatives have thrown it in my face as a reason to not trust the Church. Wake up people, wake up!

Taken lots of pictures of the outsides - a lot of Italian churches are very pretty indeed. I like the architectural feature ‘iconography’ - the little guys with odd expressions, the lions, cattle, monsters etc.

:thumbsup:amen!!

That doesn’t sound like the iconography I have seen in the midwest here in the US. But, it does sound, creepy. :o

nevermind

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.