What does it mean that "we are to console the hidden Christ"?

During a class, a Priest mentioned something about us bringing consolation to Christ. I’m wondering what us mere mortals can possibly do to console the Glorious Son of God? Having recently returned to the Faith after several decades, there’s so much I don’t know about Catholicism.Thank goodness for these great forums.

It probably alludes to what Jesus said in Matthew 25:31-46, especially:
34 Then the King will say to those at his right hand, ‘Come, O blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; 35 for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ 37 Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see thee hungry and feed thee, or thirsty and give thee drink? 38 And when did we see thee a stranger and welcome thee, or naked and clothe thee? 39 And when did we see thee sick or in prison and visit thee?’ 40 And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me.’

yup. THIS^^^^
Be the hands and feet of Christ to others.

Take look at “Consoling the Heart of Jesus:”

amazon.com/Consoling-Heart-Jesus-Do—Yourself/dp/1596142227/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1463254508&sr=1-1&keywords=consoling+the+heart+of+jesus

Thank you for all the wonderful insights. As recommended, I got a copy of the book “Consoling the Heart of Christ”. Enjoying the read! I purchased the book yesterday at an Apologetics Conference in SoCal with brothers Jesse and Johnny Romero (The Sons of Thunder) and Catholic Evangelist Terry Barbour. Very powerful! Planning on going to their “Spiritual Warfare Conference” in July. Speakers include former satanist Zachary King. Learning all I can about living the Catholic Faith is my new addiction.

Salutations,
It’s as a note below said,“WHEN I WAS HUNGRY, YOU GAVE ME TO EAT…ETC” ALSO, Jesus is in heaven. We are His disciples. We are to be His arms and legs. When we see the homeless, the hungry,etc, it is our job to be " OUR BROTHER’S KEEPER." THIS ONE IS TOUGH=If we see someone sinning as per scripture, we are His lips. In love, we must speak up. This is not a judgement but an exhortation. A judgement is saying someone is going to hell or heaven. That is God’s job. We point our Loved ones to God’s word, which is the map to heaven.
So, in acting as Christ, being Christ in actions, we console Him. We are all sinners, saved by grace.
in Christ’s love
Tweedlealice

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.