What does it mean to have the mind of Christ?

Catholics and Non-Catholics are invited to give their thoughts:)

To me, to have the mind of Christ is to accept whatever he tells you or told you to do. That means, to eat his body and drink his blood. (I try to it atleast twice a week and days of obligation).

Anyone else?

MJ

I agree with you, this is important. To follow, the mind also manifests itself in deeds.

In its various expressions in different religions, the Eucharist is critical to correct relationship with God :slight_smile:

It means to love him and live his love for others in our daily life, think in his love.

To become one in mind with him, as Jesus prayed would happen in John chapter 17.

To know God as you are known by Him, as per 1 Corinthians 13, rather than glimpsing through the glass darkly.

To me, it means that as we meditate on God’s Word and listen to the Holy Spirit we will begin to think like Jesus thinks, see things the way Jesus sees them. We will love what Jesus loves, have a passion in our hearts for the things that he is passionate about. We will take joy in those things that give him joy, and we will weep over the things that make him weep.

Since those in Christ have become New Creations, as we walk in the Light we begin to wxperience a “!renewing of our minds”. As the Holy Spitit fills us daily and seek His will …we Change. We are “becoming like him” so we share of the Divine Mind in guiding us through life…it is part of sharing in Bis Incarnation .

Col 3:2 “Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.