What does the Bible say about the NWO?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. What does the Bible say about the NWO? I ask because the Olympics starts today. I’m watching the opening ceremonies and a lot of conspiracy theorists seem to think something will happen. I’ve found 2 examples of NWO symbols so far;

1. The lights are triangular
  2. There is a triangle with a golden tip behind the orchestra (well, on the floor sort of behind them) like on the back of the US dollar, only there is no eye, just the whole top portion is gold.

What do you think? Can we take this as a sign that the end is coming soon, or is the NWO unrelated? What does the Pope say? Thanks

Edit: Also, voldermort (vauldermort? valdermuart?) was seen shooting fire from his ‘wand’. There are some Catholics (including myself) who believe HP is bad because it supports witchcraft.

The only New World Order mentioned by the Bible is the New Covenant in Jesus Christ, and I hope everyone becomes a member of that conspiracy to take over the world. :wink:

I don’t recall the names Hulk Hogan, Scott Hall, and Kevin Nash being mentioned in scripture…:p:p:p

The only New World Order that is guaranteed to be taking place at this moment is the Christian Movement! Were we are spreading Christian Virtue world wide!!!

I also reject HP brother, I’m not a fan of anything that glorifies satans pomps or works, as you see I take my baptismal vows very seriously!!!

[quote="just_came_back, post:3, topic:293157"]
I don't recall the names Hulk Hogan, Scott Hall, and Kevin Nash being mentioned in scripture....:p:p:p

[/quote]

Wow, THAT brought me back...

[quote="just_came_back, post:3, topic:293157"]
I don't recall the names Hulk Hogan, Scott Hall, and Kevin Nash being mentioned in scripture....:p:p:p

[/quote]

That was the first thing that popped into my head, too. :D

FWIW, while "end times" stuff is all the rage among protestants, you will find that the Pope and Bishops of the Church have almost nothing to say about it. In fact, with regard to the whole pre/mid/post trib or pre/post/amil topics which are so popular among protestants, the sum total of official Church teaching can be found in a single sentence in the Catechism:

The Church has rejected even modified forms of this falsification of the kingdom to come under the name of millenarianism, especially the "intrinsically perverse" political form of a secular messianism. [CCC #676]

That's it. You will surely never see the Church speculate about the NWO. I have never gotten any sense that any Bishop of the post-Apostolic era has any belief that "the end is near," and if you search this forum you will find that very few Catholics participate in end-time threads with serious theological discussions - the topic appears to be singularly uninteresting to most Catholics.

SPOILER ALERT!!!

[quote="Biblelove13, post:1, topic:293157"]
...... I'm watching the opening ceremonies .....

1) The lights are triangular
2) There is a triangle with a golden tip behind the orchestra (well, on the floor sort of behind them) like on the back of the US dollar, only there is no eye, just the whole top portion is gold.
.......Also, voldermort (vauldermort? valdermuart?) was seen shooting fire from his 'wand'......

[/quote]

OH GREAT! -- I haven't gotten home and watched the opening ceremonies yet.. now I know how it looks.

Thanks for ruining it for me. SHEESH!

j/k

What does the Bible say about the NWO?

Nothing. Zip. Nada. Zilch.

[quote="Biblelove13, post:1, topic:293157"]
I ask because the Olympics starts today. I'm watching the opening ceremonies and a lot of conspiracy theorists seem to think something will happen. I've found 2 examples of NWO symbols so far;

1) The lights are triangular
2) There is a triangle with a golden tip behind the orchestra (well, on the floor sort of behind them) like on the back of the US dollar, only there is no eye, just the whole top portion is gold.

[/quote]

Big deal.

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2b/Pontormo_-Cena_in_Emmaus-Google_Art_Project.jpg/442px-Pontormo-Cena_in_Emmaus-_Google_Art_Project.jpg

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1d/Uz%C3%A8s_%28France%29%2C_%C3%A9glise_Saint-%C3%89tienne%2C_d%C3%A9tail_de_l%27abside.jpg/640px-Uz%C3%A8s_%28France%29%2C_%C3%A9glise_Saint-%C3%89tienne%2C_d%C3%A9tail_de_l%27abside.jpg

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3f/StJean_Abbatiale04.JPG/450px-StJean_Abbatiale04.JPG

For an eye-less version:

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e9/Kappelle_Versailles.jpg/640px-Kappelle_Versailles.jpg

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. What does the Bible say about the NWO? ...] What do you think? Can we take this as a sign that the end is coming soon, or is the NWO unrelated? What does the Pope say? Thanks

Nothing. Whatsover. Okay? ;)

Edit: Also, voldermort (vauldermort? valdermuart?) was seen shooting fire from his 'wand'. There are some Catholics (including myself) who believe HP is bad because it supports witchcraft.

So what if Voldemort can perform Avada Kedavra (not really 'fire', though)? What does that have anything to do with the Olympics? :p

[quote="patrick457, post:10, topic:293157"]
Big deal.
pretty images pretty images pretty images

So what if Voldemort can perform Avada Kedavra (not really 'fire', though)? What does that have anything to do with the Olympics? :p

[/quote]

I've also seen many sculptures with the triangle halo. It's a fairly common symbol of the trinity.

[quote="TheDoors, post:11, topic:293157"]
I've also seen many sculptures with the triangle halo. It's a fairly common symbol of the trinity.

[/quote]

Yes.

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1b/God_the_Father_with_His_Right_Hand_Raised_in_Blessing.jpg

:slapfight::rotfl::rotfl::bigyikes: The only place I see them mentioned is on tv!

[quote="DavidFilmer, post:7, topic:293157"]
FWIW, while "end times" stuff is all the rage among protestants, you will find that the Pope and Bishops of the Church have almost nothing to say about it. In fact, with regard to the whole pre/mid/post trib or pre/post/amil topics which are so popular among protestants, the sum total of official Church teaching can be found in a single sentence in the Catechism:

That's it. You will surely never see the Church speculate about the NWO. I have never gotten any sense that any Bishop of the post-Apostolic era has any belief that "the end is near," and if you search this forum you will find that very few Catholics participate in end-time threads with serious theological discussions - the topic appears to be singularly uninteresting to most Catholics.

[/quote]

Maybe I should re-phrase my question, is the idea of the NWO conspiracy supported or declined by the Bible? I'm looking for Biblical evidence that supports or refutes the conspiracy theory. Thanks for any help?

[quote="Biblelove13, post:14, topic:293157"]
Maybe I should re-phrase my question, is the idea of the NWO conspiracy supported or declined by the Bible? I'm looking for Biblical evidence that supports or refutes the conspiracy theory. Thanks for any help?

[/quote]

Well, I know that the Bible does say "You will not know the time nor the day....I will come like a thief in the night" With this being said...NO ONE but Christ himself knows when the end of times is. Protestants, thank God I'm not part of that cult any longer, LOVE to study the Apocalypse, and have entire Biblical "Boot camp's" revolving around all the terrible things happening that are pointing to that time. those occurrences such as war will ALWAYS occur, and have since before and after Christ came. Just let God worry about those things, or you'll drive yourself insane and over scrupulous...How can anyone enjoy life if they think that today is THE day?

The Bible says a lot about "New."
Rev. 21:01 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth...
Isaiah 65:17 I will create new heavens and a new earth
Most important, IMO is that Jesus is ascribed as saying "I make all things new. "(Rev. 21:5)
Further, I understand that to mean that it is our God-given task to bring about a New World Order of Justice, compassion, love..So, let's get with it!

The Catholic Church does believe this the end times! This is one of the revelations that was given to St. Faustina by Jesus just prior to WWII. Many of you on this site may be interested in reading her diary. She recorded many conversations between her and Jesus and also her and Mary. Have u heard of Divine Mercy Sunday? Officially as of the year 2000 it is the second Sunday of Easter. It's celebration is due to what was revealed to her.

As far as the new world order I would speculate it is an order of lay priests. We become priests when we pray the Chaplet of the Divine Mercy because we "Offer the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of our Lord Jesus Christ in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world." When we pray this part of the Chaplet we are offering Jesus as a sin offering to God Almighty. Priest offer up sin offerings. Some priests are part of an order.

God Bless,
Mick

Looks like the eye of horus, what is up with that?

[quote="patrick457, post:10, topic:293157"]
Big deal.

For an eye-less version:

[/quote]

[quote="KenGomes, post:18, topic:293157"]
Looks like the eye of horus, what is up with that?

[/quote]

"But the eyes of the LORD are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love." (Psalm 33:18)

[quote="jmcrae, post:2, topic:293157"]
The only New World Order mentioned by the Bible is the New Covenant in Jesus Christ, and I hope everyone becomes a member of that conspiracy to take over the world. ;)

[/quote]

Amen!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.