What does the church teach about Embryo Adoption?

I know the church opposes IVF. Recently, a friend told me about Embryo Adoptions. A couple creates several embryos for IVF, the couple has a child, but still has left over embryos they decide not to implant. The excess embryos from their IVF procedures are put up for adoption. A prospective adoptive mother has the embryo implanted and carries and raises the child. My initial reaction to that situation is that it is a moral action because the adoptive mother is saving the life of the child who would otherwise be frozen until no longer viable and then tossed aside.

I understand the actions of the biological parents are unethical and they are treating children as a commodity that they can have or dispose of at will. Are the actions of the adoptive mother moral?

The following link should assist you in better understanding the Catholic Church’s teaching on embryo adoption. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by this link, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Recommended Reading:

[LIST]
*]What is the Church’s position on embryo adoption?
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.