What does the Church teach about getting married and then using NFP to avoid pregnancy?

Hello! I recently became engaged and my fiance and I are considering getting married in the summer. However, due to the workload of school for me (I am in medical school) and the financial burden of paying for school, we thought that we would use NFP to avoid having a child until I graduate--so about 2 years. We talked about the fact that if we would have a child before I graduate that we would obviously be open to that and would make every effort to make everything work. My big question is this: Is this wrong to be married now, with the plan of using NFP to avoid giving birth until I am done with school?

If you could please help us to discern what the Catholic church teaches, I would greatly appreciate it.

The following link should help answer your question about NFP. If you have any further questions, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Recommended Reading:

Should a couple marry if they do not plan to have children right away?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.