What does the Church teach about indifferentism?

Growing up I was taught in Catholic school that thinking that any religion is just as good as another was the sin of indifferentism. Is there still a Catholic teaching on this? My good friend has become so fulfilled in his bible study each week at a Protestant church that he goes there on Sunday missing Mass and Communion every Sunday for months now. He sees Christ as the center and his Catholicism as incidental/unimportant. What is the proper/responsible way for me to respond to this? Is this OK to do in the Church’s eyes since he is still devoted to Christ? Or is this indifferentism? Should I just pray for him and accept him where he is right now?

These links should help you understand the Church’s teaching on the validity of other faiths. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by these links, please contact Catholic Answers directly.
Recommended Reading:
[LIST]
*]
What is the difference between Doctrine and Dogma?**
]Extra ecclesiam nulla salus***
]
Salvation Outside of the Church
]* What is invincible ignorance?**
]* How can the Church accept salvation for Protestants?**
]* Are conservative Protestants Christians?**
]* Islamics - Hindus- Buddhists - saved without Christian Faith??**
]* Should Catholics try to evangelize Protestants?**
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.