what does the Eucharist mean to you?

I was just thinking how the Eucharist is something that’s really special in our Catholic faith… what does it mean to you, personally? how does it affect your relationship with God?

The Eucharist means Life itself.
It strengthens me and draws me closer to Hime who gives Life and who is deserving of all our Love.

Peace
James

The Eucharist means everything to me. For me, it is the be all and end all of my life. I would sacrifice my life to protect the most holy Eucharist if I had to. I love the Eucharist with all my heart because it is truly Jesus. I love Him so much. If only He would heal me so that I could become a nun and serve Him more fully.

The Eucharist is the presence of the living Christ. Not only is Christ with me but becomes part of me in the communion, and thus I am with Him and in Him as well.

The Eucharist has always been everything to me. It does to this very day. It is closeness to my God. I don’t understand it and I don’t understand how it can be - but its central to my belief.

The Eucharist is the greatest thing in the world. For centuries God was worshiped in a far-closed off way. In Jewish tradition, only the temple priests could go into the Holy of Holies on special days. But our God comes to us in the simplest of foods…bread and wine and gives us such a beautiful opprutunity to come before Him and feel His presence whenever we want…and greatest of all…we get to experience the most perfect union with God through the sacrament of the Eucharist. When our hearts are pure and we receive the Eucharist, we are directly connected to God and His awesome love and graces. Does anyone else get goosebumps just thinking about that?!

-Jeanne

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.