What does the scripture say about a Christian marrying a non-Christian?

I have a very good friend who is Protestant but very devoted to the scriptures. She is in a serious relationship with a very kind, supportive man who she hopes to marry. He was not raised with any type of religious faith. He is not hostile towards her faith or against going to church with her. Her seeing this man has caused a large rift in her family, with her father being very fundamentalist authoritarian. Often her and I have discussions on the scriptures and things related to the Catholic church. Her father has told her that he will disown her if she decides to marry this man citing that scripture states that a “Christian shall not be yoked to a non-Christian [his words]”. I believe he is referring to II Corinthians 6:14-15. I am in no place but to offer prayers for her and not to get into her family situation, but I am curious as to what the scripture says on this matter and what the Catholic church teaches. I have read the passage from II Corinthians, but there are passages which seem to contradict this (I Corinthians 7:12; I Peter 3:1). I’m confused by this. Thank you for your help.

The following links should help answer your question about a Catholic/Muslim marriage. If you have any further questions, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Recommended Reading:

Can a Catholic marry a Non-Christian?
What does one do if he/she falls in love with a non-catholic?
Should I marry a man of a different religion?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.