What does these marian terms mean

1. my soul doth magnify the Lord
  2. be our salvation
  3. mediatrix
  4. co redemptrix

Here’s a couple of videos that will answer numbers 3 and 4:

youtube.com/watch?v=5eYDzYUdOVo
youtube.com/watch?v=ObmGu7soWoc

Dr. Miravalle is a professor at Franciscan University of Steubenville.

1. She is fruitful by being fully conformed to Wisdom.
  2. She is the way to her Son, as the Son is the way to our Father (cf. Pope Leo XIII)

“I am the mother of fair love, and of fear, and of knowledge, and of holy hope.
In me is all grace of the way and of the truth, in me is all hope of life and of virtue.
Come over to me, all ye that desire me, and be filled with my fruits.” (Sir 24:24-26 vulg.)

The first is from the Holy Virgin’s praise after the Annunciation. ( “hath regarded his maidservant…”)

1. is from the Magnificat.

3 & 4 ?

1. mediatrix
    Jesus is the only mediator between man and God. Period. However, we can ask each other to “mediate” for each other. Have you ever asked anybody to pray for you? Their prayer is still done through Jesus. Mary’s prayers for us are extremely powerful being the Mother of God and all :shrug:
    We believe the Church triumphant (the saints in heaven) can hear our prayer requests when directed at them.

2. co redemptrix
    Jesus is our redeemer. Period. However, Mary played a role in our redemption; she cooperated with God’s grace in agreeing to give birth to and raise our redeemer, Jesus.

Keep in mind as Catholics we do not have to refer to Mary with the above titles but they are commonly used by many. Not dogmatic issues but this is what is meant by the above :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.