What Every Catholic Should Know!

Check out this link:

fisheaters.com/lists.html

**Lists That Every Catholic Should be Familiar With **

The 7 Sacraments (The Holy Mysteries)
The 7 Corporal Works of Mercy
The 7 Spiritual Works of Mercy
The 3 Eminent Good Works
The 7 Gifts of the Holy Ghost (& the Charismata)
The 12 Fruits of the Holy Ghost
The 3 Theological Virtues
The 4 Cardinal Virtues
The 7 Capital Sins & Their Contrary Virtues
The 6 Sins Against the Holy Ghost
The 4 Sins That Cry Out to Heaven
The 3 Conditions of Mortal Sin
The 9 Ways We Participate in Others’ Sins
The 10 Commandments
The 2 Greatest Commandments
The 3 Evangelical Counsels
The 6 Precepts of the Church
The Holy Days of Obligation (English)
The 3 Powers of the SoulThe 4 Pillars of the Catholic Faith
The 3 Pillars of the Church’s Authority
The 3 Munera (Duties of the Ordained)
The 3 Parts of the Church
The 4 Marks of the Church
The 12 Apostles
The 12 Tribes of Israel
The 8 Beatitudes
The 14 Stations of the Cross

The 7 Sorrows (Dolours) and 7 Joys of Our Lady
The 7 Sorrows and 7 Joys of St. Joseph
The 15 Mysteries of the Rosary
The Order of Creation
The 9 Choirs of Angels
The 3 levels of reverence
The 14 Holy Helpers
The 7 Last Words of Christ
The 4 Last Things (The Novissima

Hello Michelle Therese,

thanks for the link. Excellent site!

There’s loads of practical information available such as this:

Month Dedicated to:
January The Holy Name and Childhood of Jesus
February The Holy Family
March St. Joseph
April The Blessed Sacrament
May Mary
June Sacred Heart of Jesus
July The Precious Blood
August Immaculate Heart of Mary
September Seven Dolours (Sorrows) of Mary
October The Holy Rosary (and, less formally, the Holy Angels)
November Poor Souls in Purgatory
December The Immaculate Conception

I’ve been looks for this info for ages! :thumbsup:

God bless.
Noel.

interesting, but check out the section on mysteries of the Rosary, which leads to a link vehemently criticizing Pope John Paul II for introducing the Luminous Mysteries. This attack invalidates the entire website from my point of view, rendering it unfit and useless for serious Catholics.

A good list.

But I think I can do without all the “Vatican II was a bad thing” sections of the site.

[quote=puzzleannie]interesting, but check out the section on mysteries of the Rosary, which leads to a link vehemently criticizing Pope John Paul II for introducing the Luminous Mysteries. This attack invalidates the entire website from my point of view, rendering it unfit and useless for serious Catholics.
[/quote]

I too was very disturbed by the SSPX link critisizing our beloved Pope John Paul ll. It looked like a great site at first…but that pot shot link killed it for me.:frowning:

For a beginner catholic (who is very much against the SSPX movement) I found this site very informative. I try to avoid “political” links and information. I just research lifestyle, sacraments, prayers etc.

[quote=puzzleannie]interesting, but check out the section on mysteries of the Rosary, which leads to a link vehemently criticizing Pope John Paul II for introducing the Luminous Mysteries. This attack invalidates the entire website from my point of view, rendering it unfit and useless for serious Catholics.
[/quote]

Yup, the site purports to be by a faithful daughter of the Church, yet she dumps all over the same Church. Typical of this mindset.

Oh dear. I didn’t realize that there were “Vatican II Was Evil” stuff on that site!!! Ugh. Oh well. The lists are priceless anyway!

They are wrong about the Holy Days of Obligation in Canada… We only have “Circumcision” (called Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God) and Christmas.

I wonder what other things they might be wrong in. :hmmm:

This website begs the question:

If we faithful-to-Rome Catholics WANT these kinds of list and we YEARN for and MISS this kind of information, how come we don’t have websites containing the same stuff???

We sure do a lot of griping and moaning about the things we lost after Vatican II but we don’t seem to DO anything about it.

It wasn’t Vatican II that messed things up. It was the hot-headed people that invented their own version of Vatican II, ignored the real documents and did what they darn well pleased. It’s up to us to fix these mistakes - if our generation can shake off the horrible apathy that suffocates parishes everywhere and gives free rein to the small minority that runs the music, religious ed and other liturgical things that the majority of us end up hating and despising.

These SSPX folks are wrong but at least they are DOING something, rather then sitting in the pews talking but not taking any action.

Ok, so now that even more things have sufaced on this site that are wrong, I have a question. I’ve been using this site a lot for reference and learning etc. So what if there is something on their that I have adopted as a belief, that turns out to be “truly” wrong? Would I be sinning for holding this belief, or would I not be held accountable because I didn’t know it was wrong?

Thanks (I’ll reword if it is confusing)!!

[quote=sarcophagus]Ok, so now that even more things have sufaced on this site that are wrong, I have a question. I’ve been using this site a lot for reference and learning etc. So what if there is something on their that I have adopted as a belief, that turns out to be “truly” wrong? Would I be sinning for holding this belief, or would I not be held accountable because I didn’t know it was wrong?

Thanks (I’ll reword if it is confusing)!!
[/quote]

I can’t really answer your question, but I must say the first point of reference should always be the Bible and the second point of reference the CCC.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.