What evidence is there?

I have read reams of quasi-convincing “proof” or “evidence” that the catholic church is not the Church that Christ established, or is building. …and much on what they think the church is.
maybe you have read or heard all that “evidence” too, and there is still much more that I will never see.

But I would like to see some “real evidence or proof” that what the Reformers produced was Inspired by God.

If you know of, or know some one who knows where that EVIDENCE is …please bring it forth.

Remember;
convincing proof that something else is wrong…
does not prove that what you have in your bosom is right.

Gusano

The silence to your post speaks volumes, doesn’t it!:slight_smile:

There is no direct proof that the reformers were inspired by God. But, that would not stop a Protestant from claiming that they were by the evidence of their “fruits”–conversions from the Catholic Church to any one of theirs, for instance. They would also point out healings and answers to prayer as evidence.

However, what they either do not know or will not admit is that God will reach out to people and give them aid whether or not they have their theology completely straight. Jesus never said, “You must be a member of my body for God to answer your prayers”, and neither has his Church.

And as for converts from Catholicism, most never clearly understood what the Church taught nor did they avail themselves of her rich spiritual life. Rather, most were nominal or ill-informed or lazy. As Marcus Grodi has pointed out, most knew little or nothing about their own faith, their own Church two weeks before leaving it for a Fundamentalist/Evangelical one, but two weeks after leaving the Church they have become experts on Church teaching and practice.

I shall, for the sake of arguement/fun, construct a “proof.” Please refute!

Of course the Reformation was inspired. Only, however, under God’s true conduit, Luther. He himself said, “My judgment is at the same time God’s and not mine.” Also, he made clear that “I do not admit that my doctrine can be judged by anyone, even by the angels. He who does not receive my doctrine cannot be saved.” These can be taken as nothing less than claims to inspiration. Not only would a man of Luther’s faith surely be greatly opposed to saying such things lest they be true, but we can look to the very words of Scripture! For so often is a book of Scripture judged inspired based upon it’s own claims. If mere words on a page can be deemed inspired by God by their claims, then what more a living creation of the Lord!

[quote=Lazerlike42]I shall, for the sake of arguement/fun, construct a “proof.” Please refute!

Of course the Reformation was inspired. Only, however, under God’s true conduit, Luther. He himself said, “My judgment is at the same time God’s and not mine.” Also, he made clear that “I do not admit that my doctrine can be judged by anyone, even by the angels. He who does not receive my doctrine cannot be saved.” These can be taken as nothing less than claims to inspiration. Not only would a man of Luther’s faith surely be greatly opposed to saying such things lest they be true, but we can look to the very words of Scripture! For so often is a book of Scripture judged inspired based upon it’s own claims. If mere words on a page can be deemed inspired by God by their claims, then what more a living creation of the Lord!
[/quote]

Since when does someone claiming to be inspired PROVE they are? Was Joseph Smith inspired merely because he said so and started the Mormons? Or was Mohammed inspired because he claimed revelations from God and founded Islam, too?

We know that the Catholic Church is inspired because it was founded directly by Christ on Peter and the Apostles and their successors. No other religious body in the world can claim it was founded by the Son of God himself.

I think LazerLike might just be pulling your chain.

Someday they are going to develop a font that indicates moods and inflections. It’s hard to tell for sure, but my meter is detecting sarcasm.

NotWorthy

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.