What Excatly Should I do?

Ok so I logged onto Steam today (PC gaming kind of thing) and I got an invite from a random person to join their group page usually I just decline it straight away but then I saw the name as "† The Kingdom of Jerusalem † " and I thought oh it might be like a religious kind of group.
So I clicked on the groups profile page and was seeing what it was and this is what I read
"This Group is Medieval, A Crusader Kingdom, And Also Roleplay.

Kingdom of Jerusalem is a Crusader Kingdom which had help from all Catholics, Such as the Papacy, Venice, Holy Rome, Leon, Castille, England, Scotland & Some irish Kingdoms. The Kingdom of Jerusalem was surrounded by Islamic Superpowers such as Senjik, And Egypt. But the Holy Kingdom kept its head tall & tried all it could to withstand the onslought of Islamic Hordes coming in from all corners of the Holy Kingdom. But in the end, It was just to much to keep pushed back so the Kingdom Fell, Jerusalem itself is now back in Israeli hands, and its kingdom, Divided to Syria, Israel and Juden. Our Holy Kingdom had amazing Kings, Such as King Guy the I, King Baldwin IV, Baldwin had a skin issue, even tho ill he was, he lead the holy nation to the skies & Beyond. Even tho in the end his kingdom fell, he still kept it going, This group is more then a Kingdom, it is God’s Kingdom.

Sign up for open Posistion, To become apart of the Military you need to have one of the accepted Medieval games on our list.

Note to New Members!

The Kingdom of Jerusalem supports all religions, but converting people of other Religion is not accepted.

The Kingdom of Jerusalem has commanders for different classes such as Archery, Swordsmen, Each class has a Training Overseer that is responsable for training troops of the selected class. The Commanders of the troops are required to use the troops responsivly. All new Generals are required to pass the Officer Academy to be sent on the field. For new troops, all new Soldiers are assigned the class they are best at. And are required to have atleast one week of training to be sent on the field. And assigned into an army under the general’s command.

Thank you for reading, and Welcome to Jerusalem."

So after reading this I was like doesn’t sound like my thing and was going to decline the invitation but one part of me was worried that in some way I would be offending God by doing this (I know I am stupid).
But it kinda got me wondering is joining/creating these groups a sort of blasphemy and also is declining them alright.

Yeah I know it sounds stupid but yeah, I would bring this up with my priest but as I do not see him until Saturday it’s a bit of a gap

:rolleyes:

Perhaps you should join and form a committee that decides when to invade the ‘Holy Land’ and hand it back to the rightful owners. Eliminate all enemies!

It’s just a game.

"Just a game." Yeah, you'll hear that a lot. Just smile and pray for those that will never know just how deep these *games *can go for some of us.

If you don't think that this group is for you then don't join. You'll not offend God by this.

Good luck!

[quote="adv1sor, post:5, topic:329390"]
"Just a game." Yeah, you'll hear that a lot. Just smile and pray for those that will never know just how deep these *games *can go for some of us.

If you don't think that this group is for you then don't join. You'll not offend God by this.

Good luck!

[/quote]

:rotfl:

:rolleyes:

[quote="Blackspur7, post:1, topic:329390"]
So after reading this I was like doesn't sound like my thing and was going to decline the invitation but one part of me was worried that in some way I would be offending God by doing this (I know I am stupid).But it kinda got me wondering is joining/creating these groups a sort of blasphemy and also is declining them alright.

[/quote]

I think you are discerning correctly. It may not seem like a big deal as it is a game but I see a kind of creeping mockery of all things sacred and moral that each tend to desensitize us a little bit more each time. You can hardly look at anything any more that doesn't in some way demean morality, religion or authority. Garbage in, garbage out.

Why not start your own group?

If it isn't your thing it isn't your thing. I wish that more people who posted in your thread took your concern with the seriousness it has to you. I am also a bit surprised that no one has suggested that you consider how close this concern is to scrupulousity for you.

I'm afraid I don't have much more advice. I wish you farewell and good luck.

Blackspur, as in other posts, I will once again suggest that you make an appointment with your pastor to talk about yous scrupulosity and compulsion issues, such as this inability to click away from this page.

PLEASE get professional help, this is a serious issue that will not go away on its own.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.