What graces have you received from praying the Rosary?

please share your stories with me…

I am new to praying the Rosary and would like some more insight from other more experienced Catholics…

Thanks!

Hi Seraph… I’m glad that you’re praying the Rosary; the first thing I’d like to share, is a discovery which I made, regarding the praying of the Rosary.

Like many people… I was once deceived into thinking “it takes too long to pray the Rosary”… (5 decades). I would just like to say, that that is a LIE which the devil tries to make us believe, to discourage us from saying the Rosary. To pray 5 decades of the Rosary, takes only about 15-20 minutes… tops. It takes longer to watch your favorite sit-com on TV… than to say 5 decades of the Rosary.

So… I guess, the first grace which I have received is the grace of Perseverence in prayer.

The Rosary has also been invaluable to me… in my constant, ongoing struggle with patience. I tend to be a high-strung, nervous and sensitive person. Put these traits together, with the necessity of being SOLE caregiver to a parent with Alzheimer’s… and it’s a recipe for failure.

However, through the graces Our Blessed Mother has obtained for me… in the saying of Her Most Holy Rosary… I am overcoming my own frailties… and my mother and I live together in peace and harmony. I consider my mom, one of my greatest blessings. I know that I could never have existed with all of this… without the help of the Most Holy Rosary.

God bless you and I pray that the graces you receive through the Most Holy Rosary, will be great and many.

One Rosary a day keeps Satan away.

My very godly and wiser big brother suggested that I say the rosary every day because I would benefit. (That clicked in my mind -BENEFIT to ME, because I’ve always been sort of miserable.) I used to avoid the rosary because I felt it was too long and a chore. I almost need it now. It’s a peaceful time. (Supremely peaceful to listen to in Latin on CD (Pro Multis Media) I am hooked on it.) I think there is more peace in my family - I remember them when I say it. I am more peaceful. I pray other prayers more, and more devoutly. I concentrate on all prayers better where my mind used to wander so much. Past sins were made clearer. I do little penances and try to make reparation. I love Mary more and ask her to be my mother because I lost my mother over 20 years ago. I ask her to help me in even the slightest things, and she does, and also St. Joseph. I feel that I understand this devotion better. I believe in Mary’s promises about it and Padre Pio saying it was a “weapon.” I promised Mary a rosary every day if I got something, and when I got it, I forgot my promise. I was very definitely reminded about it. Can’t say for sure what benefits came only from the rosary because I do Eucharistic adoration whenever I can, never enough, but I will continue to pray the rosary every day. Benefits will come to you too. God bless… :gopray2:

*Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee. Blessed art Thou among women and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen. *

Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse. Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse. Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse.

A *softening of my heart *, I think that I have more ability to care about others now, and I was led to the Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus which completely changed my perspective on the Sacred Heart of Jesus Christ. I can see his love now and believe in his love now, when before I hardly believed it existed

Greater *freedom from the world *. Caring less about about other’s opinions, still wanting to please people, but caring more about serving others than about popularity, or status.

Greater ability to say the Rosary well much more interested and focused on the Rosary and able to say many decades consistently than I was when I started

Wisdom, every time I read the Gospel these days, I seem to understand it more profoundly than I did before, it seems so clear!

Interest in other spiritual works. I have that now, but I don’t think I had much interest in other spiritual works before: True Devotion to Mary, Dark Night of the Soul, The Way of Perfection, Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, Abandonment to Divine Providence, The Glories of Mary, the bio of St. Francis of Assisi, other works by St. Teresa of Avila and St. John of the Cross!

Greater desire to pray, I have recently begun Divine Mercy Chaplet

Greater desire to devote myself to the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I think it took suffering plus one month of daily mass and 5 decades of the Rosary before I seriously started considering a deeper consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary again

Greater *desire to serve without getting tired and without getting rewards *. I’m not 100% sure if this is true but I think that it is!

Greater *ability to see the good or the sufferings of others *. I’m not 100% sure if this is true either, but I think that it is!

Devoting oneself to the Sacred Heart of Jesus through the Immaculate Heart of Mary:
**True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin- done by Pope John Paul II, St. Therese of Liseux, St. Maximilian Maria ** montfort.org.uk/Writings/TrueDev.html
Secret of the Rosary montfort.org.uk/Writings/Rosary.html - perhaps the best book ever explaining the origin, name, mysteries, marvelous effects, and best practices involved with the Rosary
**Preparation for 33 day consecration to the Blessed Virgin **saintlouisdemontfort.com/consecration.cfm
Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Devotion_to_the_Sacred_Heart_of_Jesus#FIRST_POINT._.E2.80.94_The_ardent_desire_Jesus_Christ_feels_to_be_with_us.

Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse. Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse. Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse.

*Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee. Blessed art Thou among women and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen. *

Hmmm, let me think here. There have been so many. Well, one that instantly came to mind was a very personal matter, a result of my sinful ways. (Which I honeslty believe praying the Rosary greatly helped me in that way. Even though it wasnt in the way I was hoping, now that I think about it it was the answer to my prayers.)

Second, I would have to say that I gain a closer relationship with our Lord, and our Mother Mary.

I also agree with others, that It has given me patience, and perseverance in prayer. As well as perseverance in all the struggles of life. I’ve also had a greater desire to pray because of the Most Holy Rosary.

There are many others, I’m just at a mental blank right now haha. I came off a nice four day weekend, so my brain’s pretty much out of it completely lol. God Bless,
Jacob :signofcross:

This past May, I received immediate results after praying a Rosary and the St. Michael prayer.

Things were so bad that I had no dinner and didn’t get to bed until 2:00 a.m. in the morning. Had to get up for work with just 4 hours sleep. Woke up with a headache and an empty, sore stomach … knowing full well that I would have to face an entire high-stress day with basically no energy from sleep or food.

Immediately after praying on the way to work, the headache vanished, my tiredness vanished … completely. I was still hungry and found it difficult to eat all day from stress, but I was provided the energy I needed to survive, for which I am truly grateful.

~~ the phoenix

My girlfriend’s mother prayed Rosary for me to have a child. When I learned about this I started praying Rosary also, and started asking Mary to intercede for me. As a protestant at the time, this is how I learned to have a spiritual relationship with Our Heavenly Mother. Oh…and my son is in the next room playing ping pong with his father.

I have also received graces of patience, wisdom, deepening and more frequent prayer, and a love for prayer, my sister coming to the Church also, wanting to separate from sinful practices of the world, grace to quit the vice of saying bad words…to name a few.

The Rosary is a very powerful way to pray, especially if you take your time and truly meditate on the mysteries and use those as lessons for your day, to be mindful of the mysteries all day and change things in your life based on what God and Our Heavenly Mother want to teach and communicate to us through praying the Rosary.
:slight_smile:

Praying the Rosary has helped me to quiet myself and sink into prayer more readily - even when I’m not praying the Rosary. On a different level, I’ve used the Rosary to help me learn Polish - it’s much easier to learn a new language with a lot of repetition (at least that’s how I learn). I am confident Our Lord and Blessed Mother hear our prayers no matter what language they’re in! :smiley:

For me, I have gotten much better at prayer. Through the graces of the Rosary I have found my prayer-life to be much stronger. I say the Divine Mercy once or twice a day, and I try to do the traditional Rosary at least once a day, but sometimes it is hard.

I am better at devotions, keeping novenas, and my own personal prayer suffers less! :slight_smile:

this forum does not have the capacity for me to list them.
summary–I cannot understand how a Catholic parent can raise children, esp. teens, w/o the rosary and the constant intercession of Our Mother. I came back to the rosary (one of the many valuable things jettisoned after V2 by many of my generation) when DD#1 got her drivers license and her first accident, and have never looked back.

Now that I am older and often find conventional prayer, meditation, even contemplation almost impossible at times, I still rely on the rosary, even when I pray it on “automatic” to pray for me. It is simply impossible at times to even express what I want to raise as matter for prayer, and the rosary has become more and more valuable as I descend into altzheimers of the spirit.

One other thing - once I was sick and lost, and my mother started praying the most Holy Rosary because she was worried about me. Around that same time, I found my way back to where I needed to be and lost a lot of the fear that I had been feeling wherever I was.

about 4 years ago I wanted something very badly and started saying tha Rosary. I have to admit that I just flew through the Rosary, very often my mind racing along with my problems. I went on a pligrimage where our Mother really took me in hand and when I came home I said the Rosary in a whole different way. I am now able to meditate on each decade in great depth and realise through the Rosary I can take part in the whole of the Gospel each day, I am very often moved to tears and I consider it a great gift from Our Mother.
Our Lady promised St Dominic 15 special graces for saying daily Rosary. - Special protection, some signal grace, armour against hell and it shall destroy vice, deliver from sin and despel hersey - the rosary shall make good works florish and deliver souls - those who trust themselves to Our Lary shall not perish - those who recite the Rosary piously shall not be overwhelmed by misfortune nor die a bad death - those who devote themselves to the Rosay shall not die whithout the consolation of the Church - those who devot themselves to the Rosary our Lady will promptly deliver souls from purgatoty - true children of the Rosary shall enjoy great glory in Heaven - those who propagate the Rosary shall obtain through Mary aid in all their necessities - Mary has promised that she has obtained from Her Son that conffreses shall have their breathern in life and death the saints of Heaven - those who recite the Rosary faithfully are Her beloved children, the brothers and sistrs of Jesus Christ. - devotion to Her Rosary is a special sign of predestination.
What wonderful graces to be obtained, and it just takes 15 minutes a day! I always add Mother I have you by the hand. You will lead me to Jesus and He will lead me to the Father
Holy Mary Mother of God Pray for us.

this poster told a lovely story, that answers OP’s question

just because OP is new to the rosary, I want to point out above prayer is not part of the traditional rosary. It is recited by some people who belong to rosary cenacles established by those who are informed by the books of Fr. Stephen Gobbi and his Marian Movement of Priests.

for the traditional rosary go to the EWTN site on prayers and devotions. It will be easier to start with the basics, and to learn them, and grow by repetition of the daily rosary in appreciation for and meditation with the mysteries celebrated.

There’s not enough space here to list all the graces of prayer :smiley: but I’m not sure I could identify those that are, in my experience, specific to the Rosary. But stick with it. It is a wonderful devotion.

I pray the rosary every day, but honestly, I haven’t been able to identify any particular graces that I have received from praying it.

We started praying the rosary every night with our kids. What a blessing to be together as a family and praying. Some nights we say the Chaplet of Divine Mercy instead, Both have been blessings to our family. Some nights we take turns doing a decade, other nights the girls want to lead it themselves. We then close with our family prayers. It’s a beautiful gift from God to be able to pray together and it is not only teaching our children, but creating memories for them as well. I’m sorry we didn’t start it sooner. But we have made up for lost time!

I am at the point of tears over the wonderful accounts from all about the joys they recieved in connection with praying the Holy Rosary. I too have found many benifits, to numerous to list, by praying the Holy Rosary at least once a day. Such a great return for just a few moments out of ones day.

God bless,

James

Great spiritual graces… freedom from sin, from depression and anxiety, perseverance, all fruits of the spirit (love, joy, peace, longsuffering…etc)

I pray one rosary a day dedicated especially for my children’s salvation, health, protection, and happiness. The Blessed Mother has lately been “helping me” with my 12-year old.

I’ll just give one small example of an incident I consider as being caused by the intercession of the Blessed Mother. I allowed my 12-year old to have a cell phone for safety reasons. I ended up being in a situation where I had to discipline her and restrict the phone several times for language and conversations that were not wholesome occurring on the phone, and I began to wonder if I had made a serious mistake in allowing this phone at her age. Immediately after another discipline incident, through a freak incident she dropped the phone in the toilet and shorted it out. :smiley: I told her, hmm, I wonder if this is a special message for you? Like- where does bad language belong? In the toilet.

Praying the Rosary helps me to feel closer to God, help me to feel at peace, helps me to feel God’s love & of being loved in return, relaxation,& I have had many prayers answered through the Rosary the main one was my Daddy getting saved, & the return of my family to the Catholic church. I prayed the Rosary a lot right before he passed away I really feel that praying helped him to accept Jesus. Praying the Rosary also helped/helps me to deal with his lose. The Rosary is a amazing prayer.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.