What happened to my relationship with Jesus?

I understand that not everyone will be able to (experience visions) regardless of their devotion, but apparently I used to have long conversations with “something” as an toddler, and I don’t have any mental illnesses, so unless I was talking to the wall or something else, it seems that I have it in me. Another incident happened later in my life (at about 8-10) where I referred to myself by a specific name which meant that “my life had been spared”. This statement is important because my life actually was spared, however I didn’t realize this was true until years later. After that event though, all “supernatural” activity completely stopped. Why is this the case? How come as a child I knew all of these things but now I’m standard? Christians who don’t even know me say that I can be a powerful instrument for Jesus, yet I lost the very Heavenly support that would’ve indicated that. What happened or changed? Even after these events, I praised and followed Jesus, even to my own detriment–so it’s not like I “matured” out of devotion or belief. I still believed and I still loved.

I’d also like to mention that I have no recollection of my early conversations, only that they happened (because my parents told me). I do, however, remember the incident regarding my name. Why wouldn’t God will for me to remember the first event (assuming it was supernatural)? Also, why would God seemingly give me a gift, then remove it or suppress it for seemingly no reason? Before I used to have all of these great interactions with God, and now I cannot even get a prayer answered. I used to speak to the Angels, yet “suddenly” I can now only hear the sounds of men.

Is it something I did? Am I being Job’d by God and the Devil? Is there anything I can do to regain my lost connection to Jesus? Please pray that this gift isn’t gone for good. It has a really personal place in my life, and to permanently lose it would be catastrophic. There are so many things I want to talk to my Guardian Angel about (in this life). Many prayers that I wish I could see answered etc. So how can I nurture this gift (if I still have it) and possibly reignite it to it’s former glory? Thank you.

– God Bless.

@TheNeutral

well, at least you remember them ,what if God would erase even those?,no but He kept them so that later you will know Him.as in it is said 1 Corinthians 13:11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child; when I became an adult, I put an end to childish ways. 12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then we will see face to face. Now I know only in part; then I will know fully, even as I have been fully known. 13 And now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; and the greatest of these is love.and in Romans 8:28 We know that all things work together for good[a] for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose.

We can’t say for sure, what is the will of God ,perhaps its not good for your soul, you may become proud or it may not be that necessary for you ,also there is a possibility to as you grow spiritually mature, you may still have conversations with God in the future ,may be you need to strive in Holiness,and do His will rather than your desires, suffer little children to come to me Matthew 19:13 Then little children were being brought to him in order that he might lay his hands on them and pray. The disciples spoke sternly to those who brought them; 14 but Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not stop them; for it is to such as these that the kingdom of heaven belongs.” 15 And he laid his hands on them and went on his way.God Bless

Give it a few minutes.

From what you tell in your post, I am not sure what it was that you experienced as a toddler or at eight years old. If it’s something positive for you, then good; if it’s just a vision, then you can let them as they are.

Don’t worry about the past, especially at those age. If God wants to endow you with a gift, He will do it. More importantly for you now is to realise that you may have a spiritual experience, for you to be faithful to your faith. There can be never be too much of that because it is like a journey. It just requires your faith and faithfulness to walk it in your life. Sometimes we experience God too soon and that’s maybe just a foreshadowing of the things that are to come for you.

God bless.

1 Like

Your relationship with Jesus seems to be intact. You have grown and your way of praying as Francis posted shows that. Yet your faith, and love for Jesus shows just by your concern. You said that all supernatural activity has stopped and now you are just standard.Well there is no such thing as being standard and you have not lost " Heavenly Support " every prayer to Jesus is heard, as well as your prayers to your Guardian angel .You can nurture your gift just by continually praying, Jesus will guide you. May your heart be open to all the love and joy of our Merciful Jesus. May you become an instrument of His Peace…God Bless you::butterfly::butterfly:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.