What happened to the Fatima promises? Did something go wrong and are we in for punishment and the end times soon? What do you think?

Hello dear friends
First I am not a doomsday person. But there are many indicators incl. prophecies and warnings from mystics that we are in trouble right now. That is something bad like world wars and the end times are coming soon. If this is so then what happened to the long period of peace promised at Fatima? How can we explain it’s apparent absence if war and the end is nigh?
I would like to hear your views if you can take a look at this guy who says he has visions and look on my blogs if you want to too.
This guy has not been approved by the church but he sounds ok and there is good info in his articles regardless.
please have a look and let me know your thoughts on all this. I personally would not be surprised at all if we saw great wars and the end fairly soon. I think we’re in for a hard time whichever way it happens.
maltanetworkresources.com/catholic/ukrainian-catholic-mystic-josyp-terelya-warns-of-great-war-repost-from-2001/

abouttheendtimes.blogspot.com/

I welcome alternative view points , especially about whether our Lady’s requests at Fatima were fulfilled and whether there is more to the secrets we don’t know. I’d like to explore the whole subject if we can. God bless all.

Aren’t you one of these who thinks everything will come to an end in 2012?
Why can’t you stop all this doom and gloom stuff.
Only God knows when the end is and Jesus told us to always be ready.

I don’t know. I’d like to know more about the messages of Fatima as well but have not had the time to fully explore them.

** Fatima **
vatican.va/roman_curia/congregations/cfaith/documents/rc_con_cfaith_doc_20000626_message-fatima_en.html
ewtn.com/fatima/apparitions/theology.htm

My humble and personal view (which I am ready to change if I get a better one) is that Jesus said:
Hypocrits, you can tell if tomorrow it is going to rain but you cannot read the sign of the times ? (words to that effect).
I believe in Fatima, but even if Fatima had not happened, I ask myself:
Do I really need more proof that God the Father might be deciding to punish us ?
I take a look at the world and compare it with what it should have been if we had obeyed Jesus.
Do I really need anything supernatural in order to judge ?

There is one fundamental thing to bear in mind when you discuss Fatima.
That Our Lady demanded the consacration of Russia to Her Immaculate Heart.
According to Sister Lucia, this Consacration must be carried out :

• PUBLICLY BY THE POPE AND ALL THE BISHOPS TOGETHER.
    Only then will Russia be converted and the End of Times (punishment) be avoided.
    But as far as I know, such Consacration has not been carried out according to the divine plan.
    Furthermore, one mustn’t confuse End of Times and End of the World.
    End of Times means end of this current corrupt materialistic civilization. Not the end of the World.

Friends
Thank you keep it coming. If you haven’t read about Fatima - read it. It’s still happening now and it’s approved and real.
I am not a 2012 follower. I’m only trying to warn all that this is very likely to happen - that is the end times, wars etc.
We can put our heads in the sand but that won’t make it go away. If we are getting indicators from the almighty as it is very likely then we ought to listen because he wants us to and it’s for our own good to keep this in mind. If the end times come we will benefit greatly from these warnings. It will help us prepare for the great tribulation and persecution under the antichrist. If we live then it’ll be serious persecution like the early christians had in Rome and were martyred. It’s going to be very hard to survive that time. I only bring this up as a warning it may happen and to encourage action by ensuring we are prepared and we can see the deceiver for who he is when the antichrist comes.
Keep the debate going. All view points are appreciated.
God bless:thumbsup:

And also according to Sr Lucia, and Pope John Paul II, this consecration was done.

Dear friend

i appreciate you input. Thank you for clarifying that the end times are different to the end of the world.
i don’t know but I think you may be right that our Lady’s requests were not sufficiently met. Perhaps we got some mercy but the world is in far worse shape than ever and God must even more offended and angry than in 1917. Perhaps there was not enough sacrifices and prayers from humanity too.
Keep it coming all.:thumbsup: :slight_smile:

There is useful info from popes etc on that link to the mystic that explains a lot about peace and current world affairs and not just visions and warnings. It’s good info for that by itself. Ceck it out.:thumbsup:

This is what I heard as well. Might not the Immaculate Heart of Mary let us know if the consecration was not sufficiently done? :o :confused: :shrug: Wouldn’t Sr. Lucia and His Holiness Pope John Paul II know? Would it be an insult to them or in any way problematic to repeat it in a more perfect way?

According to what I remember, JP II did the consacration, but not with the whole bunch of Bishops from all over the world.
I suppose it is very difficult to get all the Bishops to come to Rome at the same time.

Another thing:

This is a bit tricky.
When the Pope officially announced publicly the Third Secret, there was big uproar about it.
Many catholics believe the secret published by the Vatican lacks something.
It would be a very long story to tell you about this and it cannot be done now.
You will have to spend days researching to get into all the details.
Anyway, one particularly famous Italian Catholic journalist then set out to write a book trying to prove that the Third Secret published by the Pope was the one and only, true one.
But the further he got into his research on the story the more he became convinced that the Vatican hid something.
This Catholic journalist is Antonio Socci.
Not that the Vatican lied.
Simpl, Socci implies that the Vatican only published part of the secret and not the whole one.
Because the unrevealed part of the secret perhaps mentions the punishment and apostasy in the Church.
You have to realize that IF AND WHEN the Punishment comes, it will be absolutely devastating.
The only thing that will resemble the Punishment would be the Deluge.

But then the Vatican did lie as they said that they published the whole third secret.

Also you have not answered why Sr Lucia and Pope Johan Paul II would both say that the Consecration was done.

Also lets not forget that Fatima is a private revelation and therefore part of public revelation and does not require assent by any faithful Catholic.

I think something terrible will happen to the whole world. There have been several apparitions of Mary in the last 20 or 30 years to that effect, apparitions which were approved by the local bishop and the Vatican. (But I won’t say which ones since this may hijack this thread.)
Fatima predicted World War II and the victory of some years of Communism. But I expect something else will happen in our future.
I wonder too if the third secret of Fatima is still in the future. It did predict that the Pope would be killed (and in an environment among great destruction), and the Pope has not been killed. Pope John Paul II was shot of course, but he survived. However, some other approved apparitions cause me to think something is coming, not the third secret.

My dear friends
I’m not sure about the consecration. Maybe it’s a half truth so it can be said to be done. Maybe it was sufficient for some mercy. Maybe it was done as said but part of the third secret was not revealed. This would not necessarily be a lie if it were so. The pope could decide for our better good and the good of the world to withhold part if needs be.
Or maybe the prophey was fulfilled and we didn’t know it? Maybe we did not get a long period of peace because things were not done right?
Maybe Russia is still yet to be properly converted?
Lots of questions?
One thing I’ve pondered for a long time is- hilited in red.-
Matt.24
21] For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been from the beginning of the world until now, no, and never will be.
22] And if those days had not been shortened, no human being would be saved; but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.
23] Then if any one says to you, Lo, here is the Christ!' orThere he is!’ do not believe it.
24] For false Christs and false prophets will arise and show great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect.
25] Lo, I have told you beforehand.
26] So, if they say to you, Lo, he is in the wilderness,' do not go out; if they say,Lo, he is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it.
27] For as the lightning comes from the east and shines as far as the west, so will be the coming of the Son of man.
28] Wherever the body is, there the eagles will be gathered together.
29] "Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken;
30] then will appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory;
31] and he will send out his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
32] "From the fig tree learn its lesson: as soon as its branch becomes tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near.
33] So also, when you see all these things, you know that he is near, at the very gates.
34] Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away till all these things take place.
35] Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.
36] "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only.
37] As were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of man.
38] For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark,
39] and they did not know until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of man.
40] Then two men will be in the field; one is taken and one is left.
41] Two women will be grinding at the mill; one is taken and one is left.
42] Watch therefore, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming.
43] But know this, that if the householder had known in what part of the night the thief was coming, he would have watched and would not have let his house be broken into.
44] Therefore you also must be ready; for the Son of man is coming at an hour you do not expect.
45] "Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom his master has set over his household, to give them their food at the proper time?
46] Blessed is that servant whom his master when he comes will find so doing.
47] Truly, I say to you, he will set him over all his possessions.
48] But if that wicked servant says to himself, `My master is delayed,'
49] and begins to beat his fellow servants, and eats and drinks with the drunken,
50] the master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he does not know,
51] and will punish him, and put him with the hypocrites; there men will weep and gnash their teeth.

Could it be that when Jesus says, if possible, even the elect- he is saying the elect will be forewarned as we may be seeing now. I personally think he is.
What are your thoughts? Keep shooting.
God bless you all:thumbsup: :slight_smile:

My dear friends
I have pondered that verse for many years but when I hihlited it I took notice of the next verse which is hilited in green-

24] For false Christs and false prophets will arise and show great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect.
25] Lo, I have told you beforehand.

There is no reason to not believe that this was not just said to the first and all christians but has another special meaning to this generation. It’s ok to see this as said specifically to us. We could be getting a lot of warnings and indicators for a reason.
I’m not an expert on the end times but with what little I know we could be seeing all the events unfolding now?
I hope I’m wrong but it must happen eventually and could happen soon. I think we should keep our eyes open for the signs. I think the stage is set for all these things to take place.
What do you think?
God bless all:)

It’s very. very hard for me to avoid this type of speculation. But here’s the real question for this thread:

Today was a Friday during Lent. What did you do to atone for your sins? What works of mercy did you perform? How did you try to let God’s Mercy shine through you to other people?

This is the real question: not what will happen at the end of the world, in 2012, or in the great persecution. Jesus is asking us about RIGHT NOW. If we don’t follow Him now - seek Him and holiness with all our hearts - all this is moot.

Not to be mean about it. I’m talking to myself as much as to anyone else.

Very wise words dear friend. The answer regardless of what happens is to seek holiness. If it comes we will need it and we will need it in any case.
Thank you very much for pointing this out.
God bless and peace to you:) :thumbsup:

You can read a lot about the Consacration of Russia (if it was done properly or not) in the following link:

tldm.org/News7/Alonso.htm

As I said, it takes some time because the issue is complicated.

I’ll be back with more links about the other subjects, if I can
Cheers

We are NOT getting indicators. You are repeating all the same doom and gloom stuff you’ve said in other threads.
We do not need signs to prepare for anything. Christ told us to always be ready.

Of course it would be the biggest possible insult to them - it would indicate that we don’t trust Sr Lucia, the seer herself, to know whether it was properly done or not! You think Our Lady would be happy for us not to trust her seer?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.