what happens after we die?

does it tell us in the bible what happens after we die and our SOUL leaves our body? are we judged then?

“… it is appointed for men to die once, and after that comes judgment…” (Hebrews 9:27)

[size=2][size=2]The poor man [Lazarus] died and was carried by the angels to Abraham’s bosom. The rich man also died and was buried; [/size]and in Hades, being in torment, he lifted up his eyes, and saw Abraham far off and Lazarus in his bosom. And he called out, Father Abraham, have mercy upon me, and send Lazarus to dip the end of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am in anguish in this flame.' But Abraham said,Son, remember that you in your lifetime received your good things, and Lazarus in like manner evil things; but now he is comforted here, and you are in anguish.
(Luke 16:22-25)
[/size]

The last 4 things 1) Death 2) Judgement (the PARTICULAR judgement, just you and Jesus) 3 )Heaven or 4) Hell.

could you quote from the bible,to show me where got this information—thank you

Haven’t you read the Catechism of the Catholic Church which contains a summary of ALL Church teachings?

Read CCC 1021 to CCC 1041. You will also see small numbers which refer to footnotes referencing Scripture and other Church documents supporting the teachings.

scborromeo.org/ccc/p123a12.htm#1021

Here is a concise explanation of the afterlife from a Catholic prespective litteralchristianlibrary.wetpaint.com/page/Heaven%2C+Hell%2C+and+the+Afterlife

thank you i appreciate your reply

You don’t know who you are therefore you die and repeat the cycle of life and death.

When you know who you are you don’t die.

There is NO reincarnation!

DavidChrist, I’d say this forum is probably not the best place to say such things, especially with the certainty and firmness with which you did so. I respect that you may believe what you wrote, but they certainly do not reflect the Catholic interpretation, let alone any Christian faith.

skydancefarm, I assume it was the Catholic version you were after?

yes i am CATHOLIC and that is the version i was looking for. thank you

I thought you stayed dead (“asleep in Christ”) until the end of the thousand years of peace, when everyone gets raised from the dead to be judged along with those who happen to be alive at the time.

thank you for your reply. i was refered to our CATHOLIC catechism. ccc 1021-1041. it is very explanitory and worth reading–thank you

That link to CCC 1021 is a great read! Thanks!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.