What Happens To Protestants That Don't Receive The Eucharist?

Yes, I guess the rest of us (faithful) will have to figure that out. :sweat_smile:

It would seem that the ex cathedra doctrine was new. Or at least, not very well defined before.

So, the possibility to do it was always there, it just had to be defined by a council, which would be in keeping with the protocol of magisterial infallibility?

:thinking: I was actually thinking of the Bill of Rights. Some founders were against having one because if a list of rights was made…it would call into question the things that weren’t on the list :face_with_monocle: I guess they thought that the Supreme Court needed a starting point, other than the rights that existed manifestly.

Are you trying to say that you don’t have authority in your family as the husband/father and head? My condolences…

And, as always, “think with the mind of the Church” is a good approach. Can you figure it out on your own? Sure! Just check with the Church to see if you got the right answer or not! Just because you thought it through, doesn’t mean you got it right! :wink:

I would say that it formalized it and created a means by which it became easier to identify when it occurs in the future.

No. I do have authority. Nobody seems to recognize it though. (Except when somebody wants a credit card of course…)

1 Like

Do you reply with “not all who cry out ‘Dad, Dad’ will receive my credit card, but only those who do the will of their father”…? :wink:

1 Like

Ok that right there is funny. I don’t care who you are.

1 Like

If we can worry about what happens to them, think how much more merciful God is. God loves all His children, Protestant and Catholic. Some people aren’t given the gift of learning about or having faith in the Eucharist, or in anything at all. God’s love goes beyond anything we can imagine.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.