What happens tomorrow?

In England, tomorrow is the solemnity of sts Peter & Paul, it's been transferred to the Sunday.

However, if I attend an EF Mass, they'll likely stick to the EF calendar (IE not Peter & Paul) meaning I've not been to a mass of sts Peter & Paul. Does that mean I haven't fulfilled the obligation for said solemnity?

You don't have an obligation to attend the Solemnity mass, your obligation is to attend Sunday mass. That will be fulfilled attending the EF mass.

There are a number of Solemnities that are not Holy days of obligation. Saints Peter and Paul is one of them.

[quote="Joan_M, post:3, topic:331338"]
There are a number of Solemnities that are not Holy days of obligation. Saints Peter and Paul is one of them.

[/quote]

I believe it is in the UK.

Yes, indeed it is in the UK. Sorry, I should've clarified.

I'm just restating what Mary_Ellen said.

There are plenty of people who will tell you that the Church would like****you to attend the Mass of the day for every Sunday and HDO. I'd say that is true.

However...

The Church does not **obligate **you to do everything that is an ideal.

The obligation is to attend Mass on the day of obligation and the day of obligation would be based on the calendar used for the Ordinary Form.

(If the readings match the obligatory day that an added bonus.:D)

If your local bishop transfers a holy day of obligation to a Sunday, then you have met that obligation by going to the normal Sunday Mass. At least here, the Mass readings are usually for the Holy Day, not the Sunday.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.